I’ve always thought Pokemon was a cheery take on illegal cock-fighting, and except for an old girlfriend who thought the Jigglypuff song was a riot, i never really got into the cartoon series.  In Pokemon Apokelypse, director Barry Liu and Kial Natale take the subject a bit more seriously by setting the action in the real world, and making it dark. Really dark.

It’s only a fan film, but the production quality is high, which earns the entire crew a lot of points.

via Shogun Gamer

Marvel Sneak Peek: Ultimate (comics) New Ultimates #4

The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes premieres October 20

1. September 21, 2010 at 1:21 pm — Reply

This is just cool. I love the little touches, and the people in charge of the effects deserve a crap load of applause.

2. TaZ
    September 21, 2010 at 2:13 pm — Reply

I knowed them Pookiemons was of the Devil!!

3. morpheus
    September 21, 2010 at 2:22 pm — Reply

That was really well done. I think I would actually see a movie like this.

4. theSuperAlbino
    September 21, 2010 at 5:33 pm — Reply

Thank god it was a fan film, don’t get me wrong it was good but this would be the biggest piece of crap in a long time if it was a Hollywood movie, I mean god dammit can we stop with the “Everything needs to be gritty because the Dark Knight did really well in the box office even though the grittiness had nothing to do with it’s success.”

End rant.

5. Supergirl & the Legion Lass
    September 21, 2010 at 10:35 pm — Reply

Oh my, this is the Pokemon of my dreams. Yeah, I love the bright sunny shine happiness of the original show (before they got ride of the old voice actors and made me hate it), but this strikes me as being how pokemon could be. The light in the dark, that’s what its all about.

6. brenton8090
    September 22, 2010 at 6:16 am — Reply

I would totally watch this, side by side with the Smash Bros film, “There Will Be Brawl”

7. Brian G.
    September 22, 2010 at 10:04 am — Reply

Everything looked good except for the pokemon themselves.

8. Deius Lives
    September 22, 2010 at 7:56 pm — Reply

When you consider that was a fan made trailer, it was Really well done. Kudos.