Critical Hit: A Major Spoilers D and D podcast
Celestial Crusade

This episode: The team takes care of one problem, only to find themselves in another predicament.

[podcast]http://traffic.libsyn.com/majorspoilers/critical_hit_66.mp3[/podcast]

Direct Download

RSS Feed

Take the jump to the Top of the Round images.

Contact us at podcast@majorspoilers.com

The Want List #13: Daredevil, Struzan, and the Most Expensive Comic Book Ever

REVIEW: Steve Rogers, Super-Soldier #3 (of 4)

1. TheNewNum.2
    September 18, 2010 at 12:09 pm — Reply

Wowee, that Matthew turn up to the 16 min mark was quite the doozy. Anyone who followed along with it gets a cookie… and Matthew gets two cookies.

• September 18, 2010 at 5:01 pm — Reply

A doozy in terms of kablammicus, or a doozy in terms of time management?

• chillidawg72
        September 18, 2010 at 6:55 pm — Reply

I think he’s commenting on how many rules were invoked during that round. At least that’s the way I took it.

• TheNewNum.2
          September 19, 2010 at 6:21 pm — Reply

Yup, that’s what I meant. I got lost about halfway through, but heck I’m new.

2. September 18, 2010 at 12:36 pm — Reply

Thx, clearly the bedst episode i season 3 so far.

What is the “eldritch strike” that Ket keeps doing? Is it at multiclassthingy?

• September 18, 2010 at 3:36 pm — Reply

It’s an option for warlocks, they can trade out their eldrich blast for a weapon attack. I think it was first printed in the PHB heroes miniatures series.

• September 18, 2010 at 10:24 pm — Reply

Thx, I got about 25 4E books and couldnt for the life of me find it anywhere!
        Also in wich 4E book is the whip described?

Yours

• Rob (fka Smith)
          September 19, 2010 at 4:08 am — Reply

The whip comes outta Dragon Magazine 368, I got the info for it out of the character builder. It’s the only one-handed reach weapon in the game.

3. Colin
    September 18, 2010 at 6:14 pm — Reply

I think that Matthew ends up totaling atleast 45 mins of talking, and that’s what makes this show. Also, what class is Randis (The one with the “assistant” and crossbow with a wand bayonet)?

• September 18, 2010 at 8:37 pm — Reply

I believe Randus (note the spelling) is a human artificer.

• Colin
        September 20, 2010 at 5:20 pm — Reply

Which PHB?

• September 20, 2010 at 6:35 pm — Reply

soz. It’s in Eberron Players Guide. I think a must have for 4E. It has cool new races and a lot of alcymi stuf.

4. Ed Sanford
    September 18, 2010 at 10:50 pm — Reply

I recall that Rodrigo said that he takes powers from different creatures and then gives them ‘funny hats’. Could you explain how you did this for this encounter?

• TheNewNum.2
      September 19, 2010 at 6:26 pm — Reply

I second this question… the monsters were very unique and flavouriffic. A peek behind the curtain would be very appreciated.

• September 19, 2010 at 8:17 pm — Reply

Not that much to explain, these are monsters right out of the books, with their own powers, traits and hopes and dreams. I’m running them without any changes except just describing the way they (and their powers) look… and sound, I guess.

• TheNewNum.2
        September 19, 2010 at 9:20 pm — Reply

Yeah, but is it a goblin under the funny hat, or a naked mole rat… which would be kind of awesome.

5. Ricco
    September 19, 2010 at 1:32 pm — Reply

Having technical difficulties with this one, usually I play a video game or something while listening to CH, but this episode is so complexe that I’ve listen to it twice while doing something else and I’m completely lost. Gonna listen to it again with some instant noodles, chips and a coke in a bit.

6. Brian
    September 21, 2010 at 11:44 am — Reply

Any chance you could spell out the changes in the way magic missle (and a couple of the other low-level powers)has been played? Did Orem get a feat, or did the basis for the spell get clarified?

• September 21, 2010 at 12:15 pm — Reply

I believe we talked about it in a previous episode where we detailed how WotC changed the nature of how MM works in game.

• Brian
        September 21, 2010 at 7:05 pm — Reply

Ahh……. That must have been the “16 GB disk is filled” lost episode. Sorry I missed it. Your updates are way better than WoTC’s anyway.

• Rob (fka Smith)
          September 22, 2010 at 10:50 am — Reply

The change actually came from WotC anyhow. It was errata to no longer require rolls. It is now an auto-hit with a base line damage of 2+Int+Enh. It’s a really effective change meant to evoke the classic spell, where it was always an auto-hit. Many of us disagree with the reasoning for the change, but can tell they made it better mechanically.

• September 22, 2010 at 5:56 pm — Reply

I think I know what the issue is, we actually discussed it in the Major Spoilers Podcast, not critical hit.

And I don’t really think it’s better mechanically, I think it’s balanced, but not better.

• Brian
        September 24, 2010 at 11:42 am — Reply

Thanks – appreciate your responses.

7. Brian
    September 24, 2010 at 6:19 pm — Reply

Rob- thanks for the information. I visited the WOTC errata update on their website. I am not a big Powergamer fan, but the 2 weapon attack powers look even nastier than 3.5.