Here is a really cool find. If you are a big fan of Doctor Who, and have always dreamed of building your very own Dalek (for non-commercial purposes of course), then we have you covered with the original plans to build your own.

As you can see from the BBC letter, these are the original designs from the 1973 monsters, and not the current looking color friendly Daleks. I’m rather fond of the original, and if I have the time, I’ll have to look at building one of these to go in the Nerd Room of Doom.

via DVICE

INTERVIEW: Kevin Conroy on Superman/Batman: Apocalypse

REVIEW: Justice Society Of America Special #1

1. The13th
    September 17, 2010 at 7:20 pm — Reply

Exterminate!

2. The13th
    September 17, 2010 at 7:22 pm — Reply

My dream of becoming Davros has taken a bold turn. (que the keyboard)

3. @lantis
    September 17, 2010 at 9:38 pm — Reply

My god, I think I may join you in that endeavor and build own for myself.

4. UltraMatt
    September 19, 2010 at 10:52 am — Reply

I’d love to build the Supreme Dalek from Planet of the Daleks (a little bit diffrent design WITH glowing eyestalk lens!)

5. Tria
    September 20, 2010 at 11:47 am — Reply

I’d love to see if anyone actually builds one of these. I’d like to, but gathering the supplies and having a free area to assemble it are a bit of a problem at the moment. :(

6. Damascus
    October 6, 2010 at 9:14 pm — Reply

If you can find the Mid-Ohio Con photos from last year on here, Sam Dunham and I were there and there was a brilliant recreation of a Dalek rolling around in there moving it’s little plunger around and I think he sent them into the site.