With Ultimate Thor #1 hitting stands in a couple of weeks, Marvel has released two variant covers for the issue.  The first is from Mike Choi, with J. Scott Campbell providing the “hero” variant.

ULTIMATE COMICS THOR #1 (of 4) (AUG100550)
Pencils & Cover by CARLOS PACHECO
Villain Variant by MIKE CHOI
Variant Cover by J. SCOTT CAMPBELL

The fate of Asgard is in peril as Ragnarok approaches. Thor’s life and the lives of his comrades, the Warriors Three, hang in the balance and their dire situation has something to do with the villanous Baron Zemo, commander of the Nazis.

Choi "Villain" Variant
Campbell "Hero" Variant

The $3.99 issue arrives October 06, 2010.

via Marvel

Check out the Stormtrooper Super Shogun commercial

Marvel Sneak Peek: Halo: Fall of Reach - Boot Camp #1

1. Navarre
    September 15, 2010 at 4:37 pm — Reply

J. Scott Campbell always draws the most delicious women. He’s a master of curves.

Also note that his females are gorgeous without sporting DDD bra sizes.

• September 15, 2010 at 5:13 pm — Reply

I disagree. I find the way he draws women to be too much even for comics. They offend me by their insane amounts of cheesecake and copy & pasted facial features.
      Nevertheless, I really enjoy Thor’s expression in this.

2. September 15, 2010 at 11:07 pm — Reply

Wow…offended by his depictions? I guess I can agree with you about the facial features. When his work isn’t rushed, I like his stuff. He’s pretty sparse on backgrounds, isn’t he?

3. September 16, 2010 at 5:13 am — Reply

No doubt about it, Campbell knows how to draw a wonderfully doll-like face.

4. Navarre
    September 16, 2010 at 8:36 am — Reply

I don’t find his females to be any more cheesecake than all the other artists who try to convince me the female is hot by drawing nearly-three-dimensional breasts exploding off the cover with a woman attached behind them. At least these women are built like something resembling humans.

5. Damascus
    October 5, 2010 at 4:22 am — Reply

I do like her headlights though. ;)