Major Spoilerite Eric went to the Montreal ComicCon this past weekend, took a ton of photos to share with the rest of the world.  Take the jump for celebrity sightings, creators, and cosplayers galore.

CELEBRITIES AND CREATORS

COSPLAY

Have you been, or are you planning to go to a comic book convention?  Want to share your photos with the world?  Be sure to drop me a line at podcast@majorspoilers.com.

Image Comics Sneak Peek of the Week

Jet City Comic Show arrives in two weeks

1. September 13, 2010 at 11:30 am — Reply

Master Chief is pretty awesome, but I’m not sure whom “Paris Hilton with bee-striped pectorals” and “Pink eyed lady with strategic cutouts” are supposed to be representing…

I suspect it’s a manga character.

• September 13, 2010 at 11:34 am — Reply

I believe that is supposed to be Sky Doll, a French comic, translated and released state-side by Marvel.

2. Bazor
    September 13, 2010 at 12:59 pm — Reply

actually, her name is Marie-Claude Bourbonnais and her character is Hornet from a canadian produced Superhero web series called Heroes of the North. This being in Montreal I wasn’t surprised to see her there. I wonder what other costumes she did over the weekend. Google image search her. Be warned though, she’s not very Work Safe.

3. Bazor
    September 13, 2010 at 1:00 pm — Reply

Err, I meant the one with the bee-stripes, that is. :D

4. hermit
    September 13, 2010 at 1:28 pm — Reply

well, dang. that looked a lot better than last year. i was out of town so i couldn’t go.

5. TaZ
    September 13, 2010 at 1:30 pm — Reply

Nice convention but the cosplay gals at San Diego did much better than the Canadian lasses there. Plus it’s a Canadian show and there’s not at least one photo of Wolverine or someone from Alpha Flight?

• hermit
      September 13, 2010 at 1:44 pm — Reply

well, the montreal comic con is less about showing skin, more about fandom.

and there is a wolverine. right abore the ‘bee’ girl. with the cigar in his mouth.

6. Mokin
    September 13, 2010 at 4:06 pm — Reply

From the people that were there, I sure hope there will be another one next year…

Taking the pictures was hell due to the crowd…

And yes, Hornet is definitely not safe for work…nor for a computer shared with the wife…(ouch!)

hé hé hé

7. Jo Lam
    September 13, 2010 at 6:07 pm — Reply

This show was one of the best in a long time in Montréal! Most of the time it’s only one day in a week-end and it’s only for comic and toys geek. Bravo à Eric pour les superbes photos (tu a manqué Tank girl dimanche après-midi!) sorry if you don’t understand folks!

8. Kat
    September 15, 2010 at 8:23 pm — Reply

The comic con was pretty awesome. It was my first time there and I honestly had a great first experience. Everyone was so nice and the costumes were very interesting. I had never been in an environment like that and it was very enjoyable. People told me that the Montreal Comic Con was lame. I beg to differ. I’m just glad and thankful that Montreal is one of the cities where they hold such an event!

PS: I’m the Black Cat ;)

9. Damascus
    October 5, 2010 at 2:02 am — Reply

Is it just me or does that convention center or whatever it is seem really small to anyone else? I guess I’m just used to Mid-Ohio Con where there’s plenty of space and we don’t get all the great guests so we’re also not packed fully to the gills with people. Ours luckily is a little more spread out though.