No, that fat necked guy dressed as Captain America isn’t Chris Evans, but rather his stunt double dressed up in Captain America’s finest going after a couple of Hydra soldiers.  While it isn’t the most flattering image of the hero and the upcoming film, it does gives us a better feel for what the costume is going to look like in the wild.

via Den of Geek

Jake Lloyd and Ahmed Best added to Wizard World Big Apple Comic Con guest list

Marvel Sneak Peek: Taskmaster #2

1. Doctor Sleepless
    September 9, 2010 at 9:47 am — Reply

I would like to point out that the suit is a stuntman’s suit and therefore not very representative of the final product. Especially because the actual suit would also look different because of camera, lighting and additional touch-ups.

That being said, retro vehicles, pulp feel, HYDRA, The Raiders stunt dude is working on the movie. Anybody else hope this will turn out more Indiana Jones and less Saving Private Ryan?

• Brian G.
      September 9, 2010 at 9:58 am — Reply

Actually I’m hoping for more of a Saving Private Ryan feel …

• Kirby
        September 9, 2010 at 10:29 am — Reply

Saving Professor Jones?

• Slappy
          September 9, 2010 at 11:55 am — Reply

You can do that when you go to Cairo in Superhero City on Facebook.

• Damascus
        October 4, 2010 at 9:58 am — Reply

Maybe a nice mix of the beaches of Normandy scenes and some good Indy kind of scenes with decent character development and bad-assery.

2. Dboy Mugg
    September 9, 2010 at 9:56 am — Reply

whoa…editing nightmare, this will be. Sparked my interest though!

3. TEllis
    September 9, 2010 at 10:50 am — Reply

This is exactly what I needed to see. Cap on cycle. Shield on back. “Wings” you haters…”WINGS”!! Can’t wait. ‘Nuff said.

• lordrodd
      September 9, 2010 at 5:40 pm — Reply

Love the wings!!! Even if they are painted on. It’s not Cap without ’em.

4. averijjoe
    September 9, 2010 at 11:05 am — Reply

I, for one, am definitely interested. I was glad when it was announced that Cap’s first movie foray was going to be in WWII. While I’m not a Steve Rogers fanboy, I’ll definitely be checking this one out.

5. September 9, 2010 at 2:41 pm — Reply

I still feel that the costume looks to modern, what was wrong with the WW2 Ultimate Cap Costume? This looks like it stepped out of the 00’s. I hope when I see the movie it’s explained via Howard Stark designing it, or something to that effect.

6. TaZ
    September 9, 2010 at 4:25 pm — Reply

It looks like the shirt/vest portion of the stunt costume is probably “air brushed” to give it the look of Evan’s on-screen uniform but probably has a ton of padding and kelvar under it in that shot. However, I do like the overall effect with the exception of the “shoulder pads”.

I would, however, LOVE to get my hands on that old 40’s vintage-style army motorcycle!! I bet it rides like a bear with a harness but dang those things were cool!

7. brenton8090
    September 9, 2010 at 5:56 pm — Reply

“I do declare, this (insert: Iron Man/Thor/Captain America) costume is the worst I’ve ever seen. This will be the end of the comic book movie.”

There, I said, so no one else on the internet has to. (seriously though, on other sites, this is what the whole board looks like. Kudos to us spoilerites for being above it.)

For just a stuntman’s costume (built for movement and such, not for looks) it still looks pretty good. And I don’t know what Larry King is talking about, it looks WAY more like the Ultimates WW2 costume than it does the original.

It definitely has that Joe JOhnston/Rocketeer look, which has me WAY excited.

• Brother129
      September 10, 2010 at 11:52 am — Reply

I’m glad we’re above it too. I was expecting all kinds of nerd rage…LOL

8. September 10, 2010 at 5:54 pm — Reply

“It’s okay sir! I’m from the Internet!”