Podcast 1602

This week on the show; Marvel 1602, Locke and Key to Fox, Sandman goes to television, Dragonstorm, Cthulhu, and Brightest Day… or is it?

[podcast]http://traffic.libsyn.com/majorspoilers/majorspoilers233.mp3[/podcast]

Direct Download

RSS Feed

Podcast Alley

Show Notes after the Jump!

NEWS
Locke & Key to Fox
LINKAGE

Sandman getting television treatment
LINKAGE

REVIEWS
Stephen
THE CALLING: CTHULHU CHRONICLES #3
Written by Johanna Stokes, Michael Alan Nelson
Drawn by Christopher Possenti
Clayton Diggs’s journey into a Lovecraft-inspired world of horror worsens and more terrifying pieces begin falling into place. Clayton finally learns the identity of the mysterious man in the photographs. But the answers he finds only lead to more questions… An all-new ongoing supernatural horror series with a decidedly modern spin from superstar writing team Michael Alan Nelson and Johanna Stokes.

Rating: ★★★½☆

Rodrigo
Dragonstorm #0
After following a trail of clues in searching for the missing Master Okun, Dragonstorm ends up at a warehouse in New York. Knowing full well that he is walking into a trap he finds more than he expected and is given an offer that will change his life forever.

Rating: ★☆☆☆☆

Matthew
Brightest Day #9
Written by GEOFF JOHNS & PETER J. TOMASI • Art by IVAN REIS, PATRICK GLEASON, ARDIAN SYAF, SCOTT CLARK & JOE PRADO • Covers by DAVID FINCH
The resurrected have discovered their purpose for being back, but where will the knowledge lead them? Who is the new Aqualad? And what strange event is taking place around the White Power Battery in New Mexico?

Rating: ★★☆☆☆

MAJOR SPOILERS POLL OF THE WEEK
On Average, How Many Times Do You Read a Single issue of a comic book?

MAJOR SPOILERS DISCUSSION: Marvel 1602
The eight-part series takes place in a timeline where Marvel superheroes have been transplanted to the Elizabethan era; faced with the destruction of their world by a mysterious force, the heroes must fight to save their universe. Many of the early Marvel superheroes — Captain America, Nick Fury, the X-Men, the Fantastic Four, and Spider-Man — as well as villains such as Doctor Doom and Magneto appear in various roles.
Contact us at podcast@majorspoilers.com

Music from this episode comes from Armin Brewer (intro) and James Kennison (closing) from the Nobody’s Listening Podcast. A big thanks to both of these guys for creating kick-ass music for the show!

Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

New Comic Releases for September 09, 2010

Marvel Sneak Peek: Ultimate Comics Thor #1

1. Hafwit
    September 8, 2010 at 3:06 am — Reply

Haven’t listened yet, but Dante’s art is extremely cute.

2. September 8, 2010 at 4:38 am — Reply

If there’s some way Dante can make a little sculpture of his illustration this week, I’ll buy it & use it as my Thanksgiving centerpiece.

3. September 8, 2010 at 4:57 am — Reply

Hey man, it looks like Cap is trying to steal a turkey from Sacajawea! Subtle left wing symbolism?

• Slappy
      September 8, 2010 at 6:18 am — Reply

It’s called Manifest Destiny man!!!!

4. John I.G.
    September 8, 2010 at 2:35 pm — Reply

I think you were kinda annoying this time Stephen. Just because you were the head-to-wall thumping person who won’t give in to anyone else’s ideas. Also continuing to cut off Matthew just got kinda annoying as well, since he is the only person on the other side of the discussion. If you don’t have people on both sides it gets tiresome very quickly.

• September 8, 2010 at 4:43 pm — Reply

Your mileage may vary…

• September 8, 2010 at 4:44 pm — Reply

And if you think I’m annoying in this episode, wait until Saturday….

• September 8, 2010 at 9:28 pm — Reply

d if you think I’m annoying in this episode, wait until Saturday….

We don’t have to wait for you to be annoying. :D

At least part of Stephen and I overtalking was a SEVERE recording delay on my end (nearly two seconds delay from the intarwebz) during the show. I don’t recall ever feeling like Steve was overbearing during this show, so what he said about mileage blah blah blah fishcakes…

• September 8, 2010 at 10:08 pm — Reply

Stephen gives you a big hug… “Ah, you big galoot” and then hands you a fishcake.

• September 10, 2010 at 11:07 pm — Reply

On the plus side, I believe I’ve discovered the cause for the audio delay which was causing Rodrigo and I to cut Matthew off and for the seven second delay on Matthew’s end.

• Ricco
      September 9, 2010 at 8:56 am — Reply

Wait, someone interrupting someone else in a majorspoilers podcast? Surely you jest!

I mean, it’s not like Stephen’s and Matthew’s friendly competition/rivalry is one of the reasons the podcast is so fun to listen to ;-)

5. Ricco
    September 8, 2010 at 9:04 pm — Reply

If I hear “Dragon Storm” one more time I’m gonna loose it, at one point I tried to strangle my computer screen…

• September 8, 2010 at 9:26 pm — Reply

draaagooonnn stoooooorm…

• Ricco
        September 9, 2010 at 8:57 am — Reply

… Please stop, also thanks Rodrigo for telling him to “cut it out!”

6. SConstance
    September 9, 2010 at 12:35 am — Reply

Dragon Storm is also an RPG/TCG sort of game. But since it’s own and run by two people (copyright 1996 methinks) there probably won’t be a lot of fuss about the name being used for a superhero that has nothing whatsoever to do with the the rpg.

You can check out the Dragonstorm RPG at http://www.dragonstorm.com .

7. chillidawg72
    September 9, 2010 at 1:26 pm — Reply

Oh god, I hope he doesn’t start doing that on Critical Hit. I don’t think Torque knows how to whisper.

• Ricco
      September 9, 2010 at 4:41 pm — Reply

Dude, don’t give him ideas!

• September 9, 2010 at 8:38 pm — Reply

Dude, don’t give him ideas!

When will Faithful Spoilerites learn not to challenge the big one? We have a recording session in THREE DAYS… Muaaaah ha ha ha HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

• Ricco
          September 9, 2010 at 9:21 pm — Reply

*face palm* crap…

8. TheNewNum.2
    September 10, 2010 at 7:14 am — Reply

When you guys start reading my mind it’s scary. Usually it’s Stephen since our overly-analytical minds tend to think along similar avenues (geez, there’s a mixed metaphor for y’all) ._. But this time it was Rodrigo… the second I heard the word Dragonstorm I thought back to the Magic Deck, but then Rodrigo starts quoting the oracle text. When I heard that, I started clapping, which rather confused my cats… but not as much as when I went into a crazy laughing fit after watching a YouTube clip of the family friendly TV edited version of Sam Jackson’s line from Snakes on a Plane.

9. Sarah
    October 8, 2010 at 2:53 pm — Reply

So, based on your discussion of Marvel 1602 on this show, I bought it, and was so happy I did. What a cool book, and such pretty art.

Also, “el estormo de dragone!” :)