Judge Dredd movie gets name change, finds Judge Anderson

Art Appreciation Moment of the Day: Dustin Nguyen

1. September 8, 2010 at 2:54 pm — Reply

video is not available internationaly, can anyone help me out?

2. Bigdobbo
    September 8, 2010 at 4:00 pm — Reply

ESPN copyright block…..NOOOOOOOooooooooo

3. Brian Duff
    September 8, 2010 at 8:09 pm — Reply

Yeah… dern international copyright! Us Americans can watch it though. :-) It’s kind of funny on a nerdish level, but really not practical at all.

IT’S A TRAP!

4. @lantis
    September 8, 2010 at 8:53 pm — Reply

I would have supported my mascot being changed to the Ackbars. No one should be looked down upon for thinking outside of the usual cliche mascots. It probably would have been a good PR move though, draw attention away from the fact that the rebels their teams are named after were a bunch of bigoted slave owners.

Too bad Lucas put the kibbosh on this idea. You’d think Lucas would be all for having his work immortalized like that.

• September 8, 2010 at 11:27 pm — Reply

Read your history: 1) most Southerns didn’t own slaves, 2) 90% of the soldiers who fought for the South had never owned a slave, 3) racism and bigotry were pretty universal in the North AND South (Northern reaction to freed slaves being directly related to inner city problems even today), 4) the war, if about anything, was about state’s rights.

This is hilarious! They should have gone with Mon Mothma instead!

• @lantis
        September 9, 2010 at 12:51 am — Reply

Dude, I majored in History. I know me some American Civil War. Just because I know all the facts you just listed doesn’t mean the general public does. When they think of “confederate soldiers” the aren’t thinking of Joe Farmer who’s just serving his country, they will stereotype and go with a description similar to the one I used above. And your number 4 is dubious at best. The South claims states’ rights, but the right they were protecting the most was slave owning. And don’t you dare even try calling it the “War of Northern Aggression,” or I’ll go Mandalorian all over this place.

• September 9, 2010 at 8:42 pm — Reply

Let’s not threadjack the comments, please.

5. Robbie
    September 8, 2010 at 9:25 pm — Reply

I want the Gungans V. Ewoks in the Mandalorian Bowl….