Critical Hit: A Major Spoilers D and D podcast
Celestial Crusade

This episode: The new crew do some research, gain some fancy items, and we learn more about Ket.

[podcast]http://traffic.libsyn.com/majorspoilers/critical_hit_64.mp3[/podcast]

Direct Download

RSS Feed

Contact us at podcast@majorspoilers.com

The Want List #10: What's in the Box?

REVIEW: Buffy The Vampire Slayer – Season 8 #36

1. TheNewNum.2
    September 4, 2010 at 11:43 am — Reply

And before Matthew said something I thought I was the only one having Zelda flashbacks. So neither of us are alone in being reminded of peahats.

2. MarkW
    September 4, 2010 at 1:30 pm — Reply

Come on guys, is stopping the Void really more important that getting a statue built for Smith? ;)

Anyway, very nice start to the new season. I love the explanation of why all the Divinely powered folks disappeared. And I like the tension between Rob’s new character and the rest of the group.

• Ricco
      September 4, 2010 at 5:09 pm — Reply

They’re not in the physical plane yet, even if they build it no one who knew him will see it, which kind of defeats the point…

3. Ricco
    September 4, 2010 at 2:06 pm — Reply

Can’t wait to see Val Venis in battle, will she do The Money Shot? ;-)

4. Aldo
    September 4, 2010 at 2:48 pm — Reply

Very cool episode! Lots of character roleplay

5. Sarah
    September 4, 2010 at 8:20 pm — Reply

Awesome episode! I am so excited that Ket has a book imp, because one of my DnD characters I’ve made up (I don’t know anyone who plays DnD so I just sort of have the characters ready in case I ever get to use them) has a book imp and is a giant smartypants because of it and I want to see how it actually works out in a real game. :)

• TheNewNum.2
      September 4, 2010 at 9:24 pm — Reply

I am in the same position, Sarah. An old roommate started up a playgroup bc he was a DM back in the day and wanted to get back to hosting 3.5 games. Well, when I ditched the roommie, the playgroup went with him.

Anyway, I just started playing a game that is run on the Major Spoilers Forums… we’ve only had a few encounters so far, so if you ask Webmetz real nice, he might be figure out a way to work you in. It’s worth a shot anyway.

6. G-ham
    September 4, 2010 at 9:33 pm — Reply

Excited about the new season. Got some great new ideas for my game from this episode. Now get Smith that statue!!!
    Smith> Ket

• Alexander
      September 6, 2010 at 10:22 am — Reply

I agree, Smith is a much more driving character in my opinion. The one thing I didn’t like is that quite a bit of the campaign seemed hinged on his character holding He Who Shatters the Sky. I could see them bringing smith back as a different styled sorcerer, reincarnated after losing the power that Sky gave him, and receiving power from some other source.

7. Sam
    September 5, 2010 at 1:42 am — Reply

*pop* 1.
    Wait, September? How many did I just jump through?

*Listens to episodes*….

Good… shows promise for the later episodes. I should leave now, though. If I jump off course I could end up stranded so far in the future it becomes the past. Pleasegobackwardspleasegobackwardspleasegobackwards. *pop*

8. THOMAS
    September 6, 2010 at 11:57 am — Reply

How come you guys never use the PHG 3

• Roosterj
      September 6, 2010 at 3:29 pm — Reply

They did. Rob’s character during the final boss fight during season 2 was a shardmind, not a warforged. Also, figure in that the game started over a year ago, meaning PHB 3 wasn’t out yet.

9. THOMAS
    September 6, 2010 at 11:58 am — Reply

and were did you get the familiars

• September 6, 2010 at 3:28 pm — Reply

The rules for familiars can be found in Arcane Power.
      As far as why don’t we use the PHB 3? I’m not entirely sure what you mean by that. Do you mean, why aren’t the players using races or classes from the PHB 3? There are two answers 1) the game started long before the Player’s Handbook 3 came out and 2) because the players simply haven’t seen an option from the PHB3 that they want to have.

That said, if you listen to the Game Master’s Workshop episodes Rob played a minotaur, which is a race found in the PHB3

lastly I recommend than rather than posting each of your questions individually, that you just roll them all into a single post. This makes everything more succinct, and those that are getting e-mail notifications don’t have their inboxes flooded.

10. TorontoFrog
    September 7, 2010 at 5:08 pm — Reply

Great job again with the storytelling. Love the Cloud Cabs! I just figured out that Rob, being and half-elfe, can learn some warlord powers, thus eliminating my ”Theme” question at the last podcast!

11. Fenrir
    June 8, 2013 at 12:14 pm — Reply

I just want to state how sad I am to see wolf boy go :[. Though, if he couldn’t change anymore, it just wouldn’t be the same.