Marvel has released a sneak peek of Chaos War #1 from Greg Pak, Fred Van Lente, and Khoi Pham.

CHAOS WAR #1 (AUG100581)
Penciled by KHOI PHAM
Backup Story Penciled by REILLY BROWN
Sketch Variant by ED McGUINNESS

The Chaos King has amassed an army of alien slave gods to destroy reality! It’s up to Hercules, newly infused with Godpower, and the greatest Marvel heroes to defend all of existence. Can the Chaos King be stopped or will the Marvel Universe be decimated irrevocably? Find out in Chaos War #1!

The $3.99 issue arrives in stores on October 6, 2010.

via Marvel

Friday Sing-Along: Robocop: The Musical

The Rescue Rangers go BOOM!

1. September 3, 2010 at 11:55 am — Reply

So who is on board and who’s skipping this one? Matthew?

2. Brent
    September 3, 2010 at 2:02 pm — Reply

That reminds me of he Justice League arc “World War III” when every human being on Earth was temporarily conferred super powers and they all flew up into the sky like that (not to be confused with World War III during 52).

It is kinda funny (lame?) for Wolverine to fly into the cosmic fray with his claws popped. If being mystically imbued with a portion of Zeus’ godpower doesn’t work, he’s hoping getting all “snikt” against the evil deity will do the trick.

• Brainlock
      September 3, 2010 at 10:13 pm — Reply

or the return of “What if…?” and the heroes all gathering and flying into space FOR NO REASON.

I skipped the Cho mini, but told dealer to pull this for me.

3. jurman
    September 3, 2010 at 2:22 pm — Reply

Okay this does look kind of corny BUT… Pak and Van Lente haven’t steered me wrong yet with their brilliant Hercules and Amadeus books so I will definitely be picking these up.

4. chillidawg72
    September 3, 2010 at 3:24 pm — Reply

I hate to admit it but the kid in me just pushed aside my cynic nature and said “Woah that looks cool!”

5. Ricco
    September 3, 2010 at 3:54 pm — Reply

Herc and Cho means I’ll at least pick up the first issue.

6. TaZ
    September 3, 2010 at 4:00 pm — Reply

Herc not being an overbearing, immature dumb-ass is interesting (but let’s hope the doesn’t stay that way forever.)