J. Michael Straczynski’s Superman: Earth One seems like a long time coming, but it is finally coming in October.  DC Comics has released a sneak peek of the issue that you can see, after the jump.

In SUPERMAN: EARTH ONE – the first original graphic novel retelling Superman’s origin — Clark Kent is a man looking for meaning in a new city and an age of failing newspapers, hand-held devices and instant gratification. But when you can fly through the sky and burn objects with a glance – things become a tad more complicated. Doubly so when a fleet of alien ships arrive on your doorstep.

via The Source

Marvel Sneak Peek: Deadpool Team-Up #889

Archie Comics Sneak Peek of the Week

1. Doctor Sleepless
    September 2, 2010 at 12:36 pm — Reply

Am I the only one who is hyper-excited about the earth-1 stuff?

• Rowan
      September 3, 2010 at 8:14 pm — Reply

Super pumped, no pun intended

2. Elise
    September 2, 2010 at 1:01 pm — Reply

I am now. It looks a little darker than I’m used to concerning Superman (he looks slightly emo with the hoodie up); but not to the extent that it’s off-putting. As long as he’s not still emo after finding his place in Metropolis. I do want to read the rest.

3. Brian G.
    September 2, 2010 at 1:50 pm — Reply

I love these GN’s coming out so far! THe concept is great and I’m very excited for it!

4. chillidawg72
    September 2, 2010 at 1:56 pm — Reply

Y’know, any hoodie ensable is incomplete without an iPod. Do you think he listens to his own theme song while he walks all emo down the street? Maybe he just listens to the Verve Pipe.

• Doctor Sleepless
      September 2, 2010 at 2:15 pm — Reply

I resemble that comment!

• Damascus
      October 4, 2010 at 4:15 am — Reply

Somebody saaaaave meeeeee…..

5. thedexter102
    September 2, 2010 at 2:24 pm — Reply

If this launches a DC Ultimate universe… I’m in.

• Doctor Sleepless
      September 2, 2010 at 6:05 pm — Reply

Wildstorm?

• thedexter102
        September 3, 2010 at 6:38 am — Reply

Is an imprint of DC. (I don’t get it)

• Doctor Sleepless
          September 3, 2010 at 11:40 am — Reply

(Some people think of it as a skewed DCU, if not Ultimate)
          …Eh I just like bringing up Midnighter.

6. Jacin B
    September 2, 2010 at 4:15 pm — Reply

Looks sorta like where Smallville could’ve gone a couple of seasons ago.

7. theSuperAlbino
    September 2, 2010 at 4:27 pm — Reply

So far so good, looks like JMS still has some good left in him.

8. September 2, 2010 at 4:48 pm — Reply

While I’m more excited about the “Batman: Earth One” book (because it’s Batman) this looks pretty damn solid.

It’s only a five page preview and it could all go to pot on page 6, but so far, so good!

9. Armaan
    September 2, 2010 at 8:22 pm — Reply

I’m excited, I’m excited, I’m excited, I won’t get to read it but who cares, I’m excited. It’s NOT Elseworlds, they have different rules, there’s actually connected continuity, and they’re NOT going make the central part of the story ‘How things ended up JUST like things on the regular universe”
    It’s a different Superman. In a different world. An ESTABLISHED world.

My only problem with this is that they’ve made him modern… he’s what, 50, in the ‘present’? Yet the story seems to be beginning in 2010, not 1960ish times. In infinite crisis, Kal-L fought for a world that was cleaner, brighter, better than Kal-El’s… but emo Clark Kent(who doesn’t even have glasses yet) seems darker than Kal-El ever was, at the moment.

Anywho, know why I’m really excited? Because we’re only a step away from stories about EARTH 3!!!!!

10. vistapa
    September 2, 2010 at 8:42 pm — Reply

As always that someone try to pull the “it’s superman but Darkerrr” i wonder how can you explain that emo superman, dark & gritty superman or tom welling’s superbat end up wearing red, blue, yellow and his underwear outside

11. Rowan
    September 3, 2010 at 8:20 pm — Reply

This looks AWESOME, the hoodie is great it reflects youth and shows he is awry of walking about a new place and doesn’t want to garner attention as anyone wearing a hoodie is doing with it up. I like the darkness and the fresh take already shown in these 6 pages I like that he reacts like that to the thug with the gun instead of revealing he is invulnerable or crushing the gun or vanishing in a blur and reappearing as SUPERMAN to stop him and hand him over to the cops. Just all BLAM HEAT VISION! I’M GONE! Thug is all disorientated and all was that the meth or did I really just see a dude heat up my gun with wacky contacts?!!? This is gonna be greaaaaaat

12. Damascus
    October 4, 2010 at 4:23 am — Reply

I love the attention to detail on things like the buildings and the subway steps, I hate when a person is in great detail but everything behind him looks blank and featureless (there are exceptions that can work though).