Maybe it is the time space continuum getting all warped, but I could have sworn that I already knew Locke & Key was getting the television treatment, much the same way The Walking Dead was headed to the small screen.  Or maybe it is just because the book by Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez is just so awesome I can’t fathom why no one snatched the series up earlier for development.  In either case, Steven Spielberg, Alex Kurtzman, and Roberto Orci have plans to take the supernatural thriller and turn it a small screen series under Spielberg’s DreamWorks TV banner.  Since DreamWorks is working with 20th Century Fox TV on this deal, expect the series to wind up on the Fox Network.

via New York Magazine

REVIEW: Scrooge McDuck: Around the World in 80 Bucks Trade Paperback

Walking Dead official trailer arrives from AMC

1. Moppen
    August 25, 2010 at 1:15 pm — Reply

OH MY GOD!!!!!! I am SOOOOOOO excited about these, I can’t wait. This is one of the best series I have ever read(which I only found out about from this amazing site/pod casts)I want to pre order the DVDs right now, and I’m setting my DVR as we speak. I know this maybe a little early, but I’m not takeing any chances in missing this show =o)

2. jurman
    August 25, 2010 at 3:12 pm — Reply

This is great news! Between Walking Dead, Chew, and now Locke & Key, I don’t think I will be able to pull myself from the TV.

3. brenton8090
    August 25, 2010 at 5:46 pm — Reply

Woot! I think I posted a comment a while back or something saying how the story structure is FAR more suited to TV than movie (like with most comics.) It’s good to see someone is listening to me.

4. Steamblade
    August 26, 2010 at 4:35 am — Reply

It certainly can’t be any worse than that abortion they called “Star Trek” last summer.

• Damascus
      September 29, 2010 at 8:33 am — Reply

Huh, that shows that everybody has different tastes, I thought Star Trek was probably the best movie of last year (blockbuster type movie that is).

5. August 26, 2010 at 3:34 pm — Reply

As always with a comic book series I love, it’s hard not to have a mixed reaction. I am excited, but apprehensive. I know that a bad tv series adaptation won’t decrease my enjoyment of the comic, but I’d much rather see a good one. Ultimately, I’ll probably check it out, and if it’s good, I’ll watch it. If not, I’ll keep the comics.

6. Sam
    August 29, 2010 at 1:53 am — Reply

Wait- Fox? The people who routinely cancel anything that has television value but doesn’t promise instant monetary returns? I love L&K, but here’s hoping we don’t see another Firefly…
    I guess it has Spielberg’s name attached, so it should survive at least one full season.

• Damascus
      September 29, 2010 at 8:38 am — Reply

Maybe if they title it something like either CSI: Locke and Key or Law and Order: Special Locke and Key Unit, it might just last a few seasons. There are currently 5 simultaneously running Law and Order shows on right now, Law and Order, Law and Order: Criminal Intent, Law and Order: SVU, Law and Order: Los Angeles, and I just found out that there’s a Law and Order: UK on BBC or BBC America.