Actress Rose Byrne is in negotiations with 20th Century Fox to star as Dr. Moira MacTaggert, a scientist who specializes on genetic mutation, in X-Men: First Class.  The Matthew Vaughn film already has Michael Fassbender, Kevin Bacon, Jennifer Lawrence, Nicholas Hoult, and Alice Eve in the cast.

The film is scheduled to begin shooting in London at the end of the month.

via THR

DC Comics Sneak Peek: Batman #702

New Comic Releases for August 18, 2010

1. Jacin B
    August 16, 2010 at 5:23 pm — Reply

I have no clue who she is, but that’s a nice shirt she’s wearing.

2. nu
    August 16, 2010 at 6:57 pm — Reply

I agree with Jacin

3. Ray
    August 16, 2010 at 8:20 pm — Reply

I thought it was suspenders.

4. August 16, 2010 at 11:36 pm — Reply

Ah, Rose Byrne. Loved her since 1999’s “Two Hands” with Heath Ledger and this only increases my want to see “X-men First Class”.

(She’s an Australian…so that might account for the lower profile, although she’s been in the US series “Damages” for a few years and was also in “Sunshine” and “28 Weeks Later”, so she’s not THAT new to the acting game)

5. Brian Duff
    August 16, 2010 at 11:58 pm — Reply

I was just distracted by who she was… that when I did look away I saw… wa? Kevin Bacon? In a superhero movie?

• Damascus
      September 26, 2010 at 11:49 pm — Reply

Yeah, he’s playing Sebastian Shaw, leader of the New York branch of the Hellfire Club. Rose Byrne was also in Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones as Dorme. I’m also really excited for Jason Flemyng to be playing Azazel, Nightcrawler’s father, in the movie too. I loved him in Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Snatch, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. Also for those who don’t know, Oliver Platt is in the movie too. Darwin’s gonna be in this movie too, weird.

6. Tondi-
    August 17, 2010 at 4:07 am — Reply

She’s a great Ozi actress! Its hard to imagine her as Moira though. She’d make a great older Kitty Pryde.

7. Brian G.
    August 17, 2010 at 6:45 am — Reply

That’s a nice picture you’ve shown me today…

8. Hercules in NY
    August 18, 2010 at 11:24 am — Reply

there needs to be more pictures like this. on the site… on the net… everywhere…

the world would be a much better place.