Dynamite Entertainment Sneak Peek: Green Hornet: Parallel Lives

Marvel Sneak Peek: Heroic Age: One Month to Live #1

1. TaZ
    August 9, 2010 at 9:54 am — Reply

That looks like Thunderstrike’s hammer.

2. Spyke
    August 9, 2010 at 10:06 am — Reply

That’s exactly what I thought when I saw it.

What’s the story on it lately anyway?

3. August 9, 2010 at 10:15 am — Reply

probably something to do with normies collection of power items. got lost in the hammer and shield transition and that’s probably Kevins son there to pick up the mace and become a new version of thunderstrike.

4. Slappy
    August 9, 2010 at 10:17 am — Reply

Maybe it will be a Captain Marvel thing with his son Kevin.

5. arcee
    August 9, 2010 at 1:53 pm — Reply

That IS Thunderstike’s enchanted ‘mace’ – I believe it’s called – not hammer.

• TaZ
      August 9, 2010 at 4:22 pm — Reply

You are correct, sir! I had to go back and look it up as it’s been awhile since Eric Masterson was around. It was a mace (that looks like a hammer and not like Hercule’s mace…which some skinny smart kid’s now using for some plot reason that I don’t understand.)

• arcee
        August 9, 2010 at 5:17 pm — Reply

LOL! Honestly? I had to look it up too before posting – but considering the source “wikipedia” still wasn’t 100 per cent sure. When I think of a mace I also picture Hercules’ – if memory serves me, Masterson swung it like a ‘Louisville bat’ as described in an issue.

I hope this will be a good series – I admit having collected Thunderstrike back in the day. Felt, to me, like a ‘blue collar’ Thor. Although had a ‘take or leave it’ attitude about his costume, maybe it will be updated but won’t feel bad if it isn’t.

6. Rob
    August 9, 2010 at 2:28 pm — Reply

It is a new Thunderstrike story coming from DeFalco and Frenz…DeFalco mentioned something about it on a message board

7. Crash
    August 9, 2010 at 8:23 pm — Reply

Yeah, that’s gotta be Thunderstrikes mace but I thought it lost all it’s power? Ohhh well. Maybe we’ll get another A-Next series lol.

8. Rowan
    August 10, 2010 at 4:00 pm — Reply

Well with the way that hair is swooping… I think that maybe he and Daken go to the same Hairstylist

• Damascus
      September 15, 2010 at 3:59 am — Reply

I was thinking the same thing, that it looked like a younger Daken, but that didn’t make sense. The Thunderstrike didn’t even come to mind, then again, I’d almost forgotten about that guy. Go here if you’d like to see a real replica of said hammer/mace… http://skeltoncrewstudio.com/thunderstrike.html

A lot of their items from The Goon, Ultimate Nullifier, Hellboy’s gun, Stormbreaker, some of the keys from Locke and Key are still works in progress. Actually Hellboy’s gun, the keys and a book I think from Goon are all finished but still.