The teaser trailer for the Avengers movie has made its way onto YouTube, featuring the voice of Samuel L. Jackson.  Don’t expect any surprises, as the only real thing you see is the Avengers logo.

Now that you’ve heard it, unleash your speculations as to what the story is going to be about. The more I hear, the more Ultimate Avengers vibe I feel.

Mark Waid to keynote Harvey Awards

Roy Rogers returns to comics

1. August 5, 2010 at 9:56 am — Reply

I hate Hollywood’s obsesion with the color black.

• Ricco
      August 5, 2010 at 10:17 am — Reply

You know the rule: if it ain’t dark, brooding and dressed like Batman it ain’t a superhero.

Every hero/superhero/tough guy type HAS to wear black, because no one wants to see a none Batman clone doing cool stuff… At least that’s how Hollywood feels.

• Steamblade
        August 5, 2010 at 12:16 pm — Reply

It’s always amusing when people refer to Hollywood like it’s this conscious, singular entity that exist only to crush your expectations and destroy your dreams.

• Ricco
          August 5, 2010 at 12:19 pm — Reply

Wait, it isn’t!? When did they get a new management?

I just recently saw Kick-Ass in which all originality the comic book had was killed, resurrected, tortured, raped and killed again, so I might be biased for a few weeks…

• August 6, 2010 at 12:41 am — Reply

Yes everyone always wears black. Except for Spider-Man, Hulk, or Iron Man. Also, most of the characters that wear black have been wearing black since their original conception, long before their Hollywood movies were in production.

Sheesh, what’s with everyone hating on a movie that’s not going to be released until two years from now? Used to be people would at least wait until they saw footage of the actual movie before they would start their curmudgeon comments.

• Ricco
          August 6, 2010 at 11:24 am — Reply

Not hating the movie, just answering to the “Hollywood loves black” comment, you know like how GI Joes’ all wear black in the movie, same with the X-Men and so on.

I actually have a good feeling for the Avengers movie, simply because it’s mainly an Ultimate version, which has less history to retcon/modify for movie purposes.

• Damascus
      September 7, 2010 at 2:02 am — Reply

You’ll be begging for it to go back to black once salmon or pink becomes the new black.

2. August 5, 2010 at 10:17 am — Reply

I hate teasers that arean’t really teasers.

3. Rome
    August 5, 2010 at 10:55 am — Reply

Yeah, I wasted 41 seconds of my life right there.

4. TaZ
    August 5, 2010 at 11:36 am — Reply

Hell, at least they used the right intro from the comic.

5. Venomous Duck
    August 6, 2010 at 12:14 am — Reply

I could have been eating more twinkies instead of watching that.

6. Damascus
    September 7, 2010 at 2:06 am — Reply

I just don’t think that Sam Jackson had the right gravitas for that line. I like Samuel L. Jackson a lot, but the line just needs to send that chill up your spine. It’s not quite like the GL oath, but still it should be delivered in a more intense way (in my opinion). Maybe if Sam had used his Jules voice from Pulp Fiction I’d have liked it better. Oh well, I’m still excited for this movie.