The Thor footage shown at the San Diego Comic-Con has finally made its way to the Intardwebz, and if you aren’t excited about seeing what Marvel has in store for movie goers, then there is no hope for you.

Directed by Kenneth Branagh, the epic adventure “Thor” spans the Marvel Universe from present day Earth to the realm of Asgard. At the center of the story is The Mighty Thor, a powerful but arrogant warrior whose reckless actions reignite an ancient war. Thor is cast down to Earth and forced to live among humans as punishment. Once here, Thor learns what it takes to be a true hero when the most dangerous villain of his world sends the darkest forces of Asgard to invade Earth.

Thor opens May 06, 2011.

REVIEW: Time Bomb #1

Archie Comics Sneak Peek of the Week

1. eric
    July 29, 2010 at 8:23 am — Reply

Do we have to see the whole movie in a trailer? Leave something to look forward to.

2. Hercules in NY
    July 29, 2010 at 8:40 am — Reply

this excites me in ways I can’t put to words. I’m really loving how the public are now being shown a world beyond capes and tights that we (as comic lovers) have been immersing ourselves in for almost a century now.

3. Aubreii
    July 29, 2010 at 8:40 am — Reply

I thought it looked great. And I like Clark Gregg in these films, really gels it all together.

4. July 29, 2010 at 8:47 am — Reply

Wow! This looks fantastic. The Kirby/Simonson design that the movie seems to have is just right. I think this will deliver, I will have to wait to see the Cap trailer, but Thor looks like the movie to beat.

5. Brian G.
    July 29, 2010 at 8:59 am — Reply

I suppose there’s no hope for me. While I do plan to see it, nothing strikes me as awesome. I’m sure I’ll like it but I’m only really seeing it to gain knowledge to the “Marvel Movie” world.

6. w0m
    July 29, 2010 at 9:03 am — Reply

Wow, looks really good so far.. but damn did they give allot away there…

7. Navarre
    July 29, 2010 at 9:11 am — Reply

Notice the formerly crappy gold color now looks authentic and cool. Movie production team wins again.

8. Deius
    July 29, 2010 at 9:35 am — Reply

WOW, well tada, I am on board. Kenneth Branagh is brilliant, i will be there May 6th.

9. hermit
    July 29, 2010 at 10:11 am — Reply

well, darn it, i’m too late, the video is not working for me.

• July 29, 2010 at 10:51 am — Reply

give it time to buffer. It is still working here (in the U.S.) don’t know about other countries.

10. July 29, 2010 at 10:33 am — Reply

I get a little bit of Ultimates 2 vibe from this, the “crazy guy” bit in the hospital, the part in the cell, him not being able to pick up the hammer and seeming to despair. I like that, that was my favorite Thor thing ever, although i’m not a huge Thor fan. Just hopefully won’t spend most of the movie without powers, and talking, that would suck.

11. TaZ
    July 29, 2010 at 11:16 am — Reply

Yea, verily I say…viewith this saga of Odinson will I!

Um… I mean… Cool!

12. Brother129
    July 29, 2010 at 11:19 am — Reply

I’m just happy that my father, who grew up reading Marvel Comics in the ’60’s, can see his childhood memories brought to life. This is awesome…regardless of whether or not the movie is “perfect” or not. Let’s ease up people.

13. lordrandy
    July 29, 2010 at 11:23 am — Reply

this is awesome?.. this is five slices of awesome loaded with awesome sauce!

14. July 29, 2010 at 11:49 am — Reply

So, I haven’t been following all the hype about this one. Did they ditch the Donald Blake idea?

15. Wil
    July 29, 2010 at 12:49 pm — Reply

Liking the whole “lesson-in-humility” theme. Redemption for Thor.

When Agent Paulson mentions that Thor looks like the mercenary type, that reminded me that Thor’s “bearded mountain man” look could pass as a Spec Ops guy in Afghanistan.

16. Dboy Mugg
    July 29, 2010 at 1:37 pm — Reply

Holy crap…Im officially in! Up until now I have been as skeptical as an old woman…but this trailer sold me…110%!

17. Arbor Day
    July 29, 2010 at 1:38 pm — Reply

At least Anthony Hopkins tried to make his voice sound Nordic.

Also, I still hold out hope that Kat Dennings will somehow end up playing Hela.

18. Bob
    July 29, 2010 at 3:57 pm — Reply

Looks good, was sceptical but looks realistic and magical at the same time.

19. Brent
    July 29, 2010 at 4:59 pm — Reply

Kenneth Branaugh and his production team have removed my doubts about the glossy Asgardian sets. It works in contrast to the earth bound scenes.

I’m not even that big of a Thor fan, but I had a nergasm seeing Lady Sif, the Warriors Three (Hogun, Balder, and Fandral) and Heimdall looking so much like the characters in the comics. And yes, naysayers, Idris Elba as Heimdall doesn’t reduce the Norse-i-ness of the movie.

I also liked when Loki put that mask on per the Norse mythology (the premise of “The Mask” graphic novel and later the Jim Carrey movie).

The Destroyer suit comes off a little bit like the “Day the Earth Stood Still” remake, but hey, let’s not make perfection the enemy of the good. This is good stuff.

20. @lantis
    July 29, 2010 at 5:08 pm — Reply

Pretty impressive. It may give away a lot of the plots that will be running throughout the movie, but I still want to see how it gets to each point they showed us. This movie will have a hard time living up to the hype this trailer is going to create.

21. Doctor Sleepless
    July 29, 2010 at 6:07 pm — Reply

Hold da kæft hvor så det sejt ud!

22. OS Perry
    July 29, 2010 at 8:14 pm — Reply

I’m officially on the Thor bandwagon now… We’ll have to see how the final product is, but Thor stock just went up in my eyes. Very effective trailer.

23. Crash
    July 29, 2010 at 9:10 pm — Reply

Wow! I’m am super psyched for this movie. It does seem to have a very Ultimates vibe to the storyline but the look of the costumes says 616 which I enjoy.
    Also despite what others says I’m lovin the Destroyer armor.

24. July 30, 2010 at 12:35 am — Reply

Need more reasons to go check this movie out? Really? Fine. I’ll give you one. Asano Tadanobu’s debut in a major North Amaerican film. ’nuff said.

25. Nick
    July 30, 2010 at 7:25 am — Reply

Ok, did anyone else pee their pants when they say drax?

26. DaClampz
    July 30, 2010 at 10:36 pm — Reply

still think they should have went ultimate route minus the horrible conclusion. axe would have looked better than the plastic looking mjolnir as well i think. and when did thor learn to flying double kick lol