DC Comics Sneak Peek: Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors #1

REVIEW: RASL #8

1. July 29, 2010 at 1:40 pm — Reply

Justin Timberlake.

Wow.

I’m so glad it’s in 3D. I’m sure it will really make me feel as if I’m right there IN JELLYSTONE PARK.

2. Old Man
    July 29, 2010 at 1:42 pm — Reply

That is godawful. Who greenlighted that train wreck?

Physical comedy jokes about the bear’s butt running over fence posts? The cartoon was not even that good when I was a kid. This is horrid.

Then, to top it off, its in 3D? Three strikes, yer out. Stephen should pray that this is on his 3D screen in Hayes so that another movie he wants is in 2D.

3. Allen Jones
    July 29, 2010 at 1:51 pm — Reply

Hey, it’s got Thomas Cavanaugh in it, I liked him in Ed, that old TV show from the late 90’s.

• July 29, 2010 at 2:53 pm — Reply

He was great on Scrubs, too. Played the older brother.

• Damascus
        August 26, 2010 at 4:45 am — Reply

He was also really good on Eli Stone. He played Jonny Lee Miller’s dad in the flashbacks and he was a drop down drunk, mostly because he had a bunch of visions of the future that God wanted him to do something about and he couldn’t handle that, so yeah. Either way, I like the look of Yogi and Boo Boo, but look at Garfield and tell me there’s any kind of chance for this to be good. It’ll probably make money, but it won’t likely be any good.

4. TaZ
    July 29, 2010 at 6:51 pm — Reply

Dear heaven is there NOTHING from my childhood that is sacred and safe from the damn 3D MENACE!

I thought Peter Griffin shanked Yogi awhile back on “Family Guy”.

5. July 29, 2010 at 7:14 pm — Reply

No disrespect to Dan A., but Yogi does not sound right.

6. Brian Duff
    July 29, 2010 at 8:44 pm — Reply

I just wonder what childhood cartoon are they gonna destroy next…. oh wait.. I already saw the Smurf’s teaser….now Yogi Bear?

I’m just glad they haven’t started or thought about working on Heathcliff, The Littles,Hong Kong Phooey.. wait, I’m giving them ideas!! Abort! Abort!

• Damascus
      August 26, 2010 at 4:46 am — Reply

Didn’t they already do The Littles when they made the movie The Borrowers?

7. Crash
    July 29, 2010 at 9:16 pm — Reply

Wow a Yogi Berra joke? Showing your age a bit there Stephen lol.

• July 29, 2010 at 10:39 pm — Reply

What? You wanted me to make a Sparky Anderson reference instead?

• Crash
        July 30, 2010 at 1:34 am — Reply

Ehhh I don’t follow baseball enough for it. Personally I’d have preferred a bear gone bad joke. Maybe something with maulings…Or maybe that’s just me since I wasn’t even a fan of the old Yogi Bear cartoons. The Flintstones was miles better.

8. basti
    July 30, 2010 at 2:22 am — Reply

why not make it fully animated? those cross movies like garfield or so are so weird.

• TVsBryanD
      July 30, 2010 at 9:10 am — Reply

Because someone in Hollywood still thinks that animation mixed with live action will pack’em in. You know, just like Roger Rabbit!!!

• Damascus
        August 26, 2010 at 4:47 am — Reply

Except that Roger Rabbit is brilliant and this will be fart jokes and ball shots.