SDCC'10: The greatest moment, or THE GREATEST MOMENT

Mid-Ohio-Con names Matt Wagner as Special Guest for 30th anniversary show

1. Gilles
    July 27, 2010 at 8:34 am — Reply

I’m getting a very strong “Pan’s labyrinth” vibe from this trailer…

• Ricco
      July 27, 2010 at 9:19 am — Reply

Yup, hopefully it won’t have as dark an ending thou.

2. Larry King
    July 27, 2010 at 9:12 am — Reply

I like this. I love the steam punk mechas, alternate world, anime-like feel of this whole thing. I am in 100%.

3. Brian G.
    July 27, 2010 at 9:54 am — Reply

Hot Girls. Dragons. Samurai. Gangsters. Mental Asylum. CHECK! This movie seems to have everything a growing boy needs. :)

4. July 27, 2010 at 10:11 am — Reply

I’m trying to match this preview to plot summary from EW, and I’m just not getting it.

• Ricco
      July 27, 2010 at 10:28 am — Reply

The girls need to steal 5 items in order to escape before the lead girl gets a lobotomy, now substitute the combat scenes with dragons/mechs/samurai/Nazis for literal or figurative fights with the asylum guards or others inmates (they might just have to get a spare key without getting noticed but in their mind they are storming WWII trenches), now substitute any dancing/making out scene with a girl/girls distracting a guard so another girl can steal the next object or simply sexual abuse at the hands of the guards.

The whole idea of the movie is “reality is what you make of it”, the girls change how they view the world to compensate for thei harsh realities.

5. Rodrigo
    July 27, 2010 at 11:00 am — Reply

I’m guessing this movie is called “Suckerpunch” because the working title “Sexy-dancing dragon-fighting not-sense-making razzmatazz” was too long.

6. July 27, 2010 at 11:56 am — Reply

Every time I see the blond chick I think “Cameron Diaz, Cameron Diaz, Cameron Diaz…Damnit. Cameron Diaz.”

7. Arbor Day
    July 27, 2010 at 1:52 pm — Reply

Didn’t Zack Snyder say there’d be a musical number too?

• Gilles
      July 28, 2010 at 1:38 am — Reply

That would be the cabaret sequence, I imagine.

8. DaClampz
    July 30, 2010 at 10:42 pm — Reply

Well hot damn! that looks interesting as hell lol

9. Damascus
    August 25, 2010 at 3:35 am — Reply

I have no idea what the source material is, but damn, that looks pretty sweet. And they look hot as hell too. It’s nice to have a bunch of sexy badass chicks kicking some major ass against some huge baddies too. I’m in.