According to Dwayne McDuffie, Warner Home Entertainment is adapting the Grant Morrison/Frank Quitely All-Star Superman series as an animated feature that will be released next Spring.

No other announcements have been made, and the news does come as a bit of a surprise as there is no announcement or sneak peek on the new Batman: Under the Red Hood DVD.

via Dwayne McDuffie

Marvel Sneak Peek: Shadowland: Power Man #1

Dynamite Entertainment Sneak Peek of the Week

1. Doctor Sleepless
    July 27, 2010 at 10:45 am — Reply

I’m just, I’m just so happy right now…

2. July 27, 2010 at 11:29 am — Reply

I wonder if the animation is going to have a slightly Quitley look to it. If so, it will be weird. But I like that.

3. Brian G.
    July 27, 2010 at 11:44 am — Reply

I’m one of the few people that never got hooked into this title. I read the first two issues and never went back to it. I don’t know… I feel a little bored with another Superman movie. He just doesn’t feel like a compelling character to me any more. Not to mention that there are several other teams and characters that could have used a movie before Superman got another one (counting the S/B movies here too).

4. Kirby
    July 27, 2010 at 1:07 pm — Reply

So long as they don’t do a squish to Supes’ face like in Doomsday… *Happy Dance!*

• Damascus
      August 25, 2010 at 11:50 pm — Reply

Didn’t mind the squish, my problem of many with the Superman Doomsday was very superficial, but I hated that Doomsday the ultimate killing machine was wearing purple board shorts and some nice high tops. That right there just bothered me to no end.

5. July 27, 2010 at 1:54 pm — Reply

Yeah. It’d be nice for it to have that somewhat dreamy quality about it: less Paul Dini/Superman Adventures and more Brad Bird/Iron Giant.

6. Dr. Bolty
    July 27, 2010 at 9:19 pm — Reply

YES. Yes, yes, yes.

Hopefully they do a great job streamlining the story to its basics, if they do that, it will be good.

7. kmack
    July 28, 2010 at 8:20 pm — Reply

This is one of my favorite stories of Superman! I still wonder….how are they gonna do the underverse? That seems to be OK when reading word balloons, but just spoken? I dunno about that….

• Damascus