Art Appreciation Moment of the Day: Joe Pekar

REVIEW: The Avengers #3

1. rob
    July 26, 2010 at 3:14 pm — Reply

I didn’t care for the the first pic of the CGI Green Lantern costume, but at least what little you can see of Sinestro in these pics looks good.

• websnap
      July 26, 2010 at 3:31 pm — Reply

Johns said WB jumped the gun on that for Comic Con and that the photo didn’t have the finalized suit in it.

2. Kirby
    July 26, 2010 at 3:15 pm — Reply

I kinda like the “scar?” Sinestro has going on, Hector Hammond looks alright as well.

3. brenton8090
    July 26, 2010 at 3:49 pm — Reply

Oh yeah. That’s Sinestro alright. I always get chills when they get the characters spot-on. Maybe that “scar” is some sort of added alien marking to set him apart from Abin-Sur.

4. Brent
    July 26, 2010 at 3:59 pm — Reply

1) The Silver Age rule , “Mustache = Villain” is more noticeable with actors rather than drawing.

2) Hal’s eyes are green only when he’s powered up? But Sinestro’s are always yellow?

• Damascus
      August 25, 2010 at 3:07 am — Reply

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. It’s like back during the days of Flash Gordon when all villains had pointy little goatee’s. It’s probably true to the character I guess, I really don’t know Hector Hammond very well. I wiki’ed him, but other than that I don’t really know how he’s most often portrayed.

5. Stallone
    July 26, 2010 at 5:33 pm — Reply

I think Sinestro’s being yellow are a nod to him turning into the yellow lantern, look at the poster itself, it’s changing from green to yellow?

• July 27, 2010 at 10:15 am — Reply

Ooo. Good catch!

6. mosdef
    July 26, 2010 at 6:08 pm — Reply

just got a nerdboner

7. Ray
    July 26, 2010 at 9:19 pm — Reply

Why do they always need multiple villains?

• Brian
      July 27, 2010 at 6:29 am — Reply

From what I’ve heard, there’s only one real villain and two potential future villains. Like Dr Conners and Harry Osborn in the Spiderman movies.

• Damascus
        August 25, 2010 at 3:13 am — Reply

Yeah, I’m assuming that Sinestro will start out as a “good guy” early on and the issues on Korugar could be shown at the end and the ousting of Sinestro as a Lantern could end it. Or something like that, it could go any number of ways. The benefit in my opinion of getting future villains in the first picture is that you can get the introductions out of the way in the first run and for the second film you can just jump right in knowing who some of the players are and learn the rest as you go.

8. July 27, 2010 at 4:35 am — Reply

Sinestro looks good – that glare is pretty chilling.

9. Uglyhooker aka John Morales
    July 27, 2010 at 12:36 pm — Reply

…..goddamn it…now I need to get all four of these…..le sigh….