At the Marvel movie panel in Hall H, the company has unveiled the logo for the Avengers movie.

Also at the event, the official cast for the movie was introduced to the crowd.

• Iron Man – Robert Downey, Jr.
  • Nick Fury – Sam Jackson
  • Black Widow – Scarlett Johansson
  • Thor – Chris Hemsworth
  • Captain America – Chris Evans
  • Hawkeye – Jeremy Renner
  • Bruce Banner – Mark Ruffalo
  • Director – Joss Whedon

SDCC'10: Nerd rage gone wrong

Details on the DC Universe Online game

1. Aubreii
    July 25, 2010 at 5:38 am — Reply

To paraphrase Rodrigo, And That’s Awesome!

2. Larry King
    July 25, 2010 at 5:45 am — Reply

If they pull this off, this will be fantastic.

But, anytime I can see more Scarlett Johansson, is a great day.

3. July 25, 2010 at 7:22 am — Reply

Who are the other two guys in the pic? The one at the end, next to Joss Whedon and the other end, in between Downey and Johansson?

• Dboy Mugg
      July 25, 2010 at 8:57 am — Reply

that guy next to Robert Downey is the “dude from SHIELD” lol. Thats all I can remember of him.

• Aubreii
        July 25, 2010 at 9:08 am — Reply

Agent Coulson is Shield guy.

4. TaZ
    July 25, 2010 at 8:48 am — Reply

Ok. Now I’m officially interested. This has potential to be “a good ‘un” as we say down here.

5. Dboy Mugg
    July 25, 2010 at 9:02 am — Reply

This will be awesome like most people have stated…if done right. I love Renner as Hawkeye, and I actually think Mark Ruffalo is a great addition to the Hulk. In my ignorance though…I still cannot get past Evans as the Cap. He will be my wildcard, I hope he sells it…although a redheaded ScarJO in tight leather will probably give the film extra points. I think this casting is spot on!

6. Aubreii
    July 25, 2010 at 9:12 am — Reply

the list:
    Robert Downey Jr., Clark Gregg, Scarlett Johansson, Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, Samuel L. Jackson, Jeremy Renner, Mark Ruffalo, Director Joss Whedon, Kevin Feige

7. July 25, 2010 at 9:58 am — Reply

Great cast, although with that many superhero characters, this may very well be a 4-hour epic! =D

8. Doctor Sleepless
    July 25, 2010 at 10:29 am — Reply

Stark is acting (looking like) a rockstar, Thor is huge, Cap looks slightly out of place and Banner looks nervous….My word THESE ARE THE AVENGERS!

And even if Antman/Giantman/Yellowjacket/Wasp is not in the movie, I DEMAND a cameo from a Dr. Pym!

9. theSuperAlbino
    July 25, 2010 at 11:30 am — Reply

I never really had a doubt this would be awesome, this just confirms it.

10. Brent
    July 26, 2010 at 11:34 am — Reply

Aye, Hemsworth verily doth looks the part. Not so much with Evans, not yet.

Honestly Scarlett isn’t the perfect actress to play Black Widow, but any excuse to put her on a movie screen is fine with me.

Remember when Eva Longoria was photographed leaving Marvel’s New York Offices with an armful of Avengers old comics? Since then I had high hopes that Janet Van Dyne and Henry Pym will be in the movie. Oh well.

Hawkeye is a beloved character, and obviously easier to bring to the screen than the Wasp and Yellow Jacket/Gi/Ant Man. But c’mon, he’s an archer in the 616, and basically a male Black Widow in the Ultimates. Neither version is as “movie-version iconic” as a The Vision or the Wasp could be. I guess with the Hulk, it’s already a CGI heavy affair, so maybe they needed to include fewer characters that require special F/X.

I’m still hoping for at least a cameo of the Black Panther and/or Namor.

11. Helen
    April 25, 2012 at 11:57 pm — Reply

I just saw he film yesterday and it is E-P-I-C !!!!!!!!! lots of action and great humor
    the best film that has come out in years, I say.