Once again we’re combing through all the news and filtering it to the facts, announcements, and maybe a hint or two of what is about to come from the House of Ideas.
ALL THINGS AVENGERS
- New Avengers will be a major Marvel magic event (no, not the card game).
- Galactus will appear in issue #4 of the Avengers
- Red Hulk will be joining the Avengers with issue #7.
- Joe Quesada said the company has cool things planned for Cosmic Avengers by Abnett and Lanning.
- Spider-Man gets to be an Avenger because according to Brian Michael Bendis he is the heart of the Marvel Universe, with Captain America serving as the soul.
- Spider-Woman will also be joining the team.
- In case you missed it earlier, Joss Whedon is directing the Avengers movie.
- Jim McCann and Duane Swierczynski will work on a crossover story called Widow Maker.
- There will be a new Man Without Fear after Shadowland ends.
- Yesterday Marvel teased Nova, today it was Gambit. I expect we’ll be seeing the artwork in the coming weeks.
- Joe Quesada said the digital comic world was new to everyone and they were making mistakes and learning from them.
- For now, there won’t be many day and date releases from the company.
- The next announced day and date digital released book will be Ultimate Thor in October.
- Hit Monkey was released one week after the print edition.
- Upcoming projects include Marvel Anime and Avengers” Earth’s Mightiest Heroes that will premiere in the Fall.
- Marvel Anime will air on G4 in 2011.
- A lot of this panel featured voice actors Tom Kenny, Stan Lee, and Charlie Adler doing a trivia contest and giving away prizes.
- Astonishing X-Men Motion Comic will arrive September 28, 2010.
- Iron Man: Extremis Motion Comics arrives November 16, 2010.
- More Motion Comics are planned for 2011.
- Scarlet Witch and HERBIE will be joining the Super Hero Squad, and will be voiced by Tara Strong.
- Other new characters announced include
- Nebula- Jane Lynch
- Nightmare- Jim Parsons
- Nighthawk- Adam West
- Captain Marvel- Ty Burrell
- She-Hulk – Katie Sackhoff
- Thanos – Jim Cummings
- The book is on hiatus right now, but the characters will be appearing around the Marvel Universe.
- Wolverine: The Best There Is will feature work by Charlie Huston and Juan Jose Ryp. It is a series that focuses on the future of Wolverine, and not his past. It arrives in the Winter of 2010 (or maybe 2011).
- The villain of the series will be a new character named Contagion who has no previous connection to Wolverine, and is describe by Huston as the “absolute opposite” of Wolverine.
- If you’ve already guessed that Contagion has some kind of disease powers, then you are spot on.
- The rest of the Marvel Universe will begin to interact with the X-Men, including in the Curse of the Mutants story arc.
- X-Men writer Victor Gischler said he wants to revitalize the role of vampires in the Marvel Universe. Marvel Vampires anyone?
- Wolverine and Archangel will be co-captains leading the Uncanny X-Force.
- The X-Men will be teaming with major superheroes and will go up against major villains in January 2011.
- Generation Hope arrives in November.
More news as we get to it!