Major Spoilers gives you a roundup of news that floated out of the various panels and announcements made about Marvel Comics.
- You did see that Joss Whedon officially announced he was directing the movie, right?
- No. Jonah Hill will not be the Hulk in the movie.
- Mark Waid will write Captain America: Man out of Time. The story takes place shortly after Rogers is thawed.
- Captain America: White has a target date for when the movie arrives.
IMMORTAL IRON FIST
- Arune Singh said we would need to check out the Shadowland series if we want to know if an Immortal Iron Fist series will return.
- Meanwhile, Fred Van Lente and Wellinton Alves are re-teaming for Power Man and Iron Fist featuring the new Power Man, and the classic Iron Fist.
- Loki will get a mini-series beginning in October.
MARVEL DIGITAL COMICS
- To date, Iron Man Extremis has been the company’s most successful motion comic.
- Thor will get a motion comic to coincide with the film, and will be based on the Loki comic by Robert Rodi and Esad Ribic.
- Ultimate Thor will get a day and date release in October.
- According to Marvel EVP Ira Rubenstein, the doesn’t seem to be any real impact of day and date digital releases, negative or positive, to the comic book stores.
- A TV broadcast deal for the Marvel Knights animated series might be announced soon.
- As long as you keep reading, Marvel will keep making the undead superhero series.
- A second volume of the series is planned for next year.
SUPER HERO SQUAD
- The online game will launch in early 2011, with “dozens” of characters available at launch.
- Ultimate Doom starts in December
- Ultimate Enemy is a story that has never been seen before, according to Bryan Bendis.
More news as it comes out!