Critical Hit: A Major Spoilers D and D podcast
Four Against The Void

This episode: He Who Shatters the Sky’s true form is revealed! The heroes must win or the world will come to an end!

[podcast]http://traffic.libsyn.com/majorspoilers/critical_hit_57.mp3[/podcast]

Direct Download

RSS Feed

Encounter images, after the jump!

Contact us at podcast@majorspoilers.com

Major Spoilers Podcast #218: The Critical Hit Supplemental Edition

REVIEW: DC Showcase: Jonah Hex

1. Emerald Zeus
    July 17, 2010 at 1:38 pm — Reply

R.I.P Smith: the most unknowing.

I was very sad when I listened to the funeral

2. Ricco
    July 17, 2010 at 2:08 pm — Reply

Most not cry like a little girl, most not cry like a little girl, most not cry like a little girl…

That was sad, loved the Shatner moment at the funeral.
    Hopefuly the Torqletones told the others about the statue because the way Torq talks he might get himself and the party smited when they meet the God of the natural world.

• Ricco
      July 17, 2010 at 2:15 pm — Reply

His grave/statue need a good inscription, something like:

“Here lies James Terqle, he fought like a monster, died a hero and lived like a man”

• DnD Brian
        July 19, 2010 at 8:21 pm — Reply

I was going to go with:

JAMES TSARKOL

SMITH
        by trade

HERO
        by deed

• Ricco
          July 19, 2010 at 9:54 pm — Reply

Cool, maybe add “P.S.- He was TOTALY normal too” ;-)

3. TheNewNum.2
    July 17, 2010 at 2:21 pm — Reply

If Smith’s name was James, why was it a story point that he wouldn’t tell people what it is? I think there’s more too that story. And it sounds like the new arrival is a Tiefling, which personally excites me since I am playing a Tiefling on the forums.

Orem’s speech at the funeral was priceless.

• Ricco
      July 17, 2010 at 2:38 pm — Reply

Rob mentioned James parents, they might be key in the reason he went by his profesion rather then his real name.

4. Matisleonhart
    July 17, 2010 at 8:48 pm — Reply

so matthew 2 for 2 on rolling nat 20 for his religion. AWESOME!!!

5. Himler
    July 17, 2010 at 11:17 pm — Reply

Ricco:
    July 17, 2010 at 2:15 pm

His grave/statue need a good inscription, something like:

wow just wow one of the best yet

6. Mordekin
    July 18, 2010 at 2:25 am — Reply

Great end to Season 2

7. aerspyder
    July 18, 2010 at 8:32 am — Reply

Giant statue made me think of this. Another said day for an adventurer.

• aerspyder
      July 18, 2010 at 8:36 am — Reply

SAD day for an adventurer

8. SConstance
    July 18, 2010 at 10:07 am — Reply

You are summoned by the gods.. Wut?

9. BrunoPunzJones
    July 18, 2010 at 11:59 am — Reply

A fascinating ending by Rodrigo. Well done, sir. I am intrigued to find out what occurs with Rob, now that he has no character and Coil did not apparently get summoned along with the three. I believe FearsomeCritter tweeted a while back that a new season of playing Critical Hit had already begun, so I hope it won’t be too long before episodes appear.

• TheNewNum.2
      July 18, 2010 at 7:49 pm — Reply

I believe Steven mentioned in a previous episode that the midseason break in the action would be four episodes devoted to something else that’s been in the works. Combined with Rodrigo’s answers to the people asking for episodes that discuss DM’ing, I suspect that those people will be getting what they are asking for during those four episodes.

• BrunoPunzJones
        July 19, 2010 at 7:39 pm — Reply

Thanks, TheNewNum.2.

10. The masked riddler
    July 19, 2010 at 7:19 am — Reply

R.I.P smith. Can’t wait till next season, but wondering who smith will get to play. Maybe the party will finally have that rouge they’ve always wanted. Also does any1 know when the first season ended?

• July 19, 2010 at 7:58 am — Reply

Season One ended with episode #7: It All Comes Crashing Down

• The masked riddler
        July 24, 2010 at 3:47 am — Reply

Thanks, btw since all the adventurers are piles of ash and possibly dead, maybe smith will return as a spirit smith, that would be awesome

11. Rob
    July 19, 2010 at 10:05 am — Reply

R.I.P. Smith. What an incredible ending to the 2nd season. Can’t wait to see what happens.

12. Sarah
    July 20, 2010 at 1:33 am — Reply

*sniffles* Poor, brave Smith. His memory will be eternal and his statue will be epic. :)

13. Sam
    July 20, 2010 at 1:44 am — Reply

*pop* -ght….

Wow, that was amazing, but why does it say part 2? Wait, July 19?! Coming that off target… I’m going to need to ride this week out in normal-speed to avoid any more timestream damage.

But otherwise, the best ending possible!

RIP James Terqle, you will always be misunderstanding in our hearts.

14. Il Duce
    July 20, 2010 at 5:39 pm — Reply

That statue better have moving parts, courtesy of Randus, and shoot magic bits occasionally, courtesy of Orem.

Awesome story, guys. All of you.

15. Magnets
    July 20, 2010 at 10:21 pm — Reply

I’m a late joiner to this podcast, went right back to the beginning and just caught up with this episode in time. Great work guys.

Favourite parts of the whole thing… Torq jumping through windows, and Torq rolling the nat 20 for religion on the black ocean.

And I’m not afraid to say I got a little emotional about Smith.

16. Rob (fka Smith)
    July 22, 2010 at 1:12 am — Reply

You guys have no idea how hard it’s been for me to keep my yap shut about my own death. Thanks for all the well wishes, and the names actually Tsarkol (an anagram of Lost Ark from the poster on Stephen’s wall).

17. LadyyAndrea
    July 22, 2010 at 5:54 am — Reply

Guys you cant leave us hanging like that, I felt Torqs emotion and actually cried while driving home, poor Smith didnt even get to fail his saving throws and since re-gen wont work it looks like hes gone but never forgotten. Realms like this need him.

Bring on the next installments to get us happy again!!!!!!!!!!!

18. TorontoFrog
    July 24, 2010 at 1:39 pm — Reply

I just listen the last two installements of the podcast on the plane between LA and Toronto and damn, I laugh so loud that I woke up a half deaf woman sitting next to me! That was an awesome conclusion to the arc and I can’t praise you guys enough for what you bring. Every player and characters had found his niche and Smith will be miss by a lot of people!

Once again, great work you all!

19. Obigelbach
    July 25, 2010 at 8:09 pm — Reply

This was such a great podcast, I enjoyed it so much.

To Rob: I understand how hard it is to lose a character and I’m very sad that Smith died, he was a great addition to the party.

To Brian: I loved your character (I know I’ll spell it wrong, so I’m not going to try), I can totally connect with sometimes having terrible dice rolls (no offense, just saying), as my 3.5 character couldn’t take down 5 goblins (facepalm).

To Matthew: Torq was so funny, I frightened my brother while laughing like crazy with my headphones on. I can’t say how many times I’ve had to quote something you said, but it’s a lot.

To Stephen: It was great to learn new things along-side you, being a noob myself (no offense). I’ve improved a lot in how I plan out character stories and actions.

To Rodrigo: Wow! You’re story was mind-blowing, it inspired me to put more effort into how I plan out my adventures for friends. Would you be willing to give me advice, as a noob DM/GM?

Great job everyone, you guys where great!

20. XantharTheFlame
    December 15, 2010 at 12:38 pm — Reply

If I heard correctly at about 26 minutes, Torq mooned a moon diety on the moon. Classic Torq!!

21. December 11, 2013 at 11:48 pm — Reply

Sooooo sad!!!!! Smith was my favorite! I really hope the story goes into more depth about his back story. I almost cried picturing the whole group in the smoking pit looking down at Smith. Poor Randus (sp) holding his good friend telling him they won and he would not be forgotten. Smith’s last words to his parents soooo heart breaking!
    I will definitely miss Smith.

22. RichEB
    January 1, 2016 at 12:15 pm — Reply

I recently retrieved your cast of pods. It saddens me that Smith-who is totally normal by the way-passed away. I’m still working on catching up to all of the pods that were cast. It’s truly a great show thanks for the hard work guys