With Edward Norton “out” as Bruce Banner in the upcoming Avengers movie, who might Marvel hire to play the mild mannered scientist on the run?

According to the Intardwebz – remember kids, everything you read on the Intardwebz is true – Mark Ruffalo is the main man.  Granted, this is all just talk at the moment, and nothing has been set in stone, or even committed to a legally binding contract.  It is the latest follow up story to the whole Norton/Hulk brouhaha, and if it does turn out to be true, you might just see Ruffalo at the San Diego Comic Con.

via E! Online

SDCC'10: Playmates Toys to unveil Jackson toys

Check out the green suit on Ryan Reynolds

1. Jim
    July 15, 2010 at 10:17 am — Reply

I like Ruffalo as an actor a lot, but he seems more similar to Eric Bana than Norton, in that both Ruffalo and Bana have a physicality about them where you could actually see them get into a fight, while Norton was more scrawny and seemed like the type who would avoid fights at all cost. I thought the “weak scientist vs. giant behemoth” was one of the interesting aspects of the Banner/Hulk dynamic. I wouldn’t be totally against Ruffalo and it could work, but I might like it more if they got an equally adept actor who is more physically slight (maybe someone like Adrian Brody).

• Damascus
      July 29, 2010 at 11:28 pm — Reply

I agree to a point, but don’t you remember Fight Club? Norton wasn’t to be trifled with in a fight in that movie.

2. Brian
    July 15, 2010 at 10:19 am — Reply

And I’ve heard Joaquin Phoenix, Adrien Brody, Nathan Fillion, and David Tennant mentioned. And of all them, physically Adrien Brody and David Tennant seem the best fit.

And isn’t Nathan Fillion rumored to be Hank Pym?

3. Larry King
    July 15, 2010 at 11:00 am — Reply

I really like the rumor of David Tennant playing Bruce, I’d behind that.

4. Mike Keller
    July 15, 2010 at 11:04 am — Reply

I’m sorry. Call me old fashioned, but when I see the title “Avengers” I still think of Diana Rigg in a leather outfit.

• SkrullBryan
      July 15, 2010 at 12:09 pm — Reply

Amen, brother.

5. Bob
    July 15, 2010 at 11:46 am — Reply

Train wreck!!!

6. Kevin
    July 15, 2010 at 1:03 pm — Reply

What is Harry Hamlin doing these days? I think they can get him……does it really matter? In a 2 hour movie, I can only see him in the “banner” presence for what, 20 minutes? The rest of the time you can have Eric Estrada sit in and CGI over him with the Hulk. Now, Estrada might be harder to get……