All week long DC Comics has been teasing readers with Batman information that is sure to generate a lot of buzz at the San Diego Comic Con, and with the November solicitations just around the corner, now is the best time to share.

Looks like Grant Morrison is going to change some of his writing duties for DC as we move into 2011 as it was announced that Peter Tomasi and Patrick Gleason will become the regular team for the Batman and Robin series starting in November.

“I’m incredibly excited to be working on BATMAN AND ROBIN! I mean who the hell wouldn’t be?!? I’ve enjoyed my few forays into the Bat Universe with NIGHTWING, BATMAN: BLACKEST NIGHT, and BATMAN AND THE OUTSIDERS, and was always hoping I’d get a chance to tackle a main Bat book, so to be able to take the monthly reins from Grant on such a tremendous book is a dream come true and it’s going to be a blast, especially when my partner in crime is artist Patrick Gleason, who I’ve had a great working relationship over in GREEN LANTERN CORPS!”

So where does that leave Morrison?  DC tells us the news will come in a few days.  Anyone want to start placing bets?

via The Source

SDCC'10: Top Cow unveils con exclusives

SDCC'10: Not going to Comic-Con? Dark Horse has you covered

1. Brother129
    July 15, 2010 at 10:23 am — Reply

I will root for him to take over a Superman title or maybe even revive (again) the JLA….

2. Kevin
    July 15, 2010 at 1:05 pm — Reply

I am glad to see this. Morrison be workin’ on my nerve lately, yet I keep buying the stuff! I am drawn to it like a moth to flame, then afterwords, I feel like I ate a tofu burger. Sure it provided me with something, but not at all what I had hoped for.

• ~wyntermute~
      July 17, 2010 at 6:56 pm — Reply

The tofu burger analogy works EXCEPTIONALLY well. I mean, it’s “good for you” and you “just don’t appreciate it” and it’s “better than all those OTHER burgers with fat and bad stuff!”. And isn’t g-mo a vegan anyway?

3. ykw
    July 15, 2010 at 5:00 pm — Reply

No! No! Don’t take Gleason off GLC! It’s been an absolute thing of beauty with him on pencils. I don’t even wanna think about the title with Random Penciller #47 charting its visual future. (Unless maybe Claude St. Aubin is gonna be free soon, what with R.E.B.E.L.S. near the chopper and all…)

grumble grumble Congrats to Tomasi and Gleason grumble grumble

4. Ray
    July 15, 2010 at 9:38 pm — Reply

This book is my favorite right now. Morrison is awesome, but I would like to see him write the JLA again. I have no problem with the new team either. Looks like I’m spending another $4 a month.

5. Doctor Sleepless
    July 17, 2010 at 1:55 pm — Reply

Having Morrison write EVERYTHING for DC is the only right answer. Not possible you say… well I have this device, basically we use to to extract everything that makes Morrison Morrison, and put it into these mass produced clones we make of him…