Marvel has unveiled the lineup of the Uncanny X-Force who make their debut in X-Men Second Coming #2,  in stores now.

Click for larger image

UNCANNY X-FORCE #1
UNCANNY X-FORCE #1 BLANK VARIANT
UNCANNY X-FORCE #1 DJURDJEVIC VARIANT
UNCANNY X-FORCE #1 CRAIN VARIANT
UNCANNY X-FORCE #1 LIEFELD VARIANT
Written by RICK REMENDER
Pencils by JEROME OPEÑA
Cover by ESAD RIBIC
Blank Cover also available
Variant Cover by MARKO DJURDJEVIC
Variant Cover by CLAYTON CRAIN
Variant Cover by ROB LIEFELD
Explicit Content …$3.99

Uncanny X-Force #1 arrives in stores in October.

via Marvel

SDCC'10: Archie Comics announces show schedule

Kara Zor-El returns to Smallville

1. Brian G.
    July 14, 2010 at 9:11 am — Reply

Hello, Uncanny X-Force.

This looks like an interesting team. Psylocke, Wolverine, Deadpool, Archangel, and ?Storm Shadow?. I only hope Marvel doesn’t do like they ALWAYS do and make this title completely inaccessable to new readers. I’d like to read it without having to buy years of back issues. Eventually, I’m sure there’ll be a Marvel book I’ll be able to jump on to.

• TaZ
      July 14, 2010 at 9:19 am — Reply

The one on the left appears to be Fantomex (who does bear a resemblance to the GI Joe character…)

• Jim
      July 14, 2010 at 9:20 am — Reply

The guy in white is Fantomex

• Brother129
      July 14, 2010 at 9:21 am — Reply

I’m assuming you know that “Storm Shadow” his Fantomex. He’s a cool mutant who has an inappropriate relationship with something called an EVA and has a power set that I don’t even understand. Nonetheless, I like this team. I hope they look cool fighting as they do standing around looking bad ass….

• Brian G.
        July 14, 2010 at 9:57 am — Reply

Thank you all for telling me who this guy is. I put the ?’s around Storm Shadow to indicate that I had no idea who he was. Not just that but the fact that I mention that there is yet to be a Marvel comic that I have ever been able to get into would kind of hint towards my ignorance as well. But any ways … thanks!

• jurman
          July 14, 2010 at 8:01 pm — Reply

Too bad. I might have been slightly interested in this book if it was Storm Shadow.

• Brian
        July 14, 2010 at 10:06 am — Reply

I think EVA is the Witchblade looking background object.

2. TaZ
    July 14, 2010 at 9:11 am — Reply

Deadpool and Wolverine in another Marvel Mag. What a surprise.

Seriously, that is a group of mutant bad-asses.

3. Ricco
    July 14, 2010 at 9:16 am — Reply

When 150 X-titles are not enough…

4. websnap
    July 14, 2010 at 10:05 am — Reply

I don’t get it, are they replacing “X-Force”? Why are two books needed for a secret special ops team.

5. July 14, 2010 at 10:36 am — Reply

Wow, did anyone else get a flash back to the 90s? At least none of the characters have 3 belts worth of pouches and 500 bulging muscles.

Also, why do Archangel and Psylocke have guns?

• Ivdar
      July 14, 2010 at 12:15 pm — Reply

‘Cause being an incarnation of death with metal wings and a psychic ninja isn’t “EXTREEEEEEME” enough, I guess.

• TaZ
        July 14, 2010 at 12:20 pm — Reply

Deadpool had extras and decided to share…

Seriously, you can always find a good use for fully-auto weapons.

• Obsidian
        July 14, 2010 at 5:19 pm — Reply

You spelled that incorrectly. You meant to say: “XTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEME!”

• Damascus
      July 27, 2010 at 9:40 pm — Reply

In regards to the lack of belts, pouches, and bulging muscles, did you see that there was going to be a Rob Liefeld Variant cover?

6. Navarre
    July 14, 2010 at 12:50 pm — Reply

I’m glad all of the tough-guys are collected in one title. Makes it easier to ignore them.

I wonder if characterization is even an aspect of this title? Who needs it when there is violence and machismo to be found?

7. aerspyder
    July 14, 2010 at 1:05 pm — Reply

Okay, I’ll be the juvenile one. Why is Psylocke caring around a sword that would make a 8 foot tall man feel inadequiate. What is Liefied trying to say to us with that?

• Brian G.
      July 14, 2010 at 1:52 pm — Reply

Well … to be fair, it appears to be a normal sized sword so far. It’s not like it’s Sephiroth’s sword.

• Ricco
        July 14, 2010 at 4:38 pm — Reply

Yeah, the Katana is normal size or maybe slightly longer the hilt is a 3 hand grip (you hold a sword with your good hand at the guard and the other hand at the bottom the space between is used to describe the hilt size), Katanas are usualy 2 1/2 hand hilts.

Sephiroths Masamune is a Nodachi, which is normaly from hilt to point 1 and half times your own height: http://www.treefrogtreasures.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=397&pictureid=7686

8. Dragoskai
    July 15, 2010 at 7:34 am — Reply

One thing that bothers me with that art. Psylocke has that sash hanging but she has no hips! They must have given her a GIANT butt. Maybe that’s one of her new mutant powers!

• Navarre
      July 15, 2010 at 7:26 pm — Reply

That’s why she’s standing with her legs apart. It works for the pictures but she looks funny when she runs.

• SkrullBryan
      July 16, 2010 at 12:31 pm — Reply

No, it’s the gravitational pull of her chest that is keeping it up.

9. July 15, 2010 at 1:00 pm — Reply

It’s not more or less a gimmick than the last incarnation of X-Force, which was “Let’s get all the guys who take the Wolverine role in their groups together and have an all-Wolverine team.”

10. BiffordMichael
    July 16, 2010 at 5:52 am — Reply

I personally enjoyed the old X-Force…this looks not good to me.

Biff

11. xrayguy
    July 18, 2010 at 8:17 pm — Reply

So everyones mutant power is…a gun?