Click for larger image

It certainly is a day of Batman announcements from DC.  Previously, we reported on the new ongoing Batman: The Dark Knight series, and now we learn the Bat-Family of titles is going to expand with a six issue series focused on the Knight and Squire.  The mini-series will be written by Paul Cornell with art by Jimmy Broxton.

“I’m delighted to be working in DC Britain!” said Cornell. “Grant always said that he added something to the Knight and Squire’s world with every appearance: we’ll be taking that policy, and the amount of over the top weird and wonderful zany surreal Britishness and dialling them up to eleven. If you’ve wanted to see a milkman fighting a dinosaur in a suit, in a pub, then this is the comic for you.”

The Source doesn’t say when the series will launch, but my guess is sometime around the end of the year.

via The Source

How to Start a Comic Book Empire

Ed Norton responds to Avengers movie

1. July 13, 2010 at 12:08 pm — Reply

I’m there.

2. TaZ
    July 13, 2010 at 12:12 pm — Reply

Now this is one that I don’t mind. Knight and Squire have just the right amount of dry British humor potential to liven up the usually staid “Bat-Family”. Add to that (as best I can recall) the current Knight is actually the first Squire then the move from side-kick to hero was already breached by that character, making him fairly compatible with Bruce Greyson/Batman. Looks like it has the potential to be fun, as opposed to the “Batman: The Dark Knight”/X-Files/The NightStalker series.

3. July 13, 2010 at 12:57 pm — Reply

Nope. Even less interested in this than any of the other Bat Titles. I go back and forth on reading batman so much this one’s not even worth it.

4. Michael M
    July 13, 2010 at 5:06 pm — Reply

Are you kidding me? Paul Cornell writing Knight & Squire is about as perfect as, well Cornell writing Pete Wisdom and Captain Britain. (Marvel’s Loss) I will buy this with a goofy old “kid at a spinner rack” smile. Great move DC, just make it an ongoing now and get it over with.

5. theSuperAlbino
    July 13, 2010 at 10:44 pm — Reply

Paul Cornell is one of the few writers that I’ll buy anything written from them (Hickman and Fraction being the other 2.) I’m there.

• Damascus
      July 23, 2010 at 3:28 pm — Reply

I read your comment and totally thought you were talking about another British comic title there, “HickMAN and Fraction”. Now that I think about it, it could be a good title if one character was a dumb redneck superhero and his overly smart sidekick.

6. Kevin
    July 14, 2010 at 7:21 am — Reply

Gag me with a batarang. Ugh! I think with Cornell, I would be interested in this if it was not for the 300+ Batman titles that are/will be out.

7. Bob
    July 14, 2010 at 10:17 am — Reply

Batman should have more titles than any other line. He’s that damn popular. They really need to come out with New Batman, Secret Batman, and Young Batman next.

• Damascus
      July 23, 2010 at 3:34 pm — Reply

Don’t forget Batman Academy.

8. Doctor Sleepless
    July 17, 2010 at 1:42 pm — Reply

YES! And where’s my El Gaucho!?