I don’t remember seeing this when it hit the Intardwebz a while ago – perhaps you’ve seen it, perhaps not.  The big news surrounding the second installment of the video game series is “what the heck are they calling it!?” and what is Warner Bros. considering?

Might I suggest Batman: Arkham Asylum 2 – Electric Boogaloo?

Warner has snagged a bunch of domains that might be tied to the game or might be tied to the third Batman movie, which is rumored to start shooting in April.  Among the 15 domains registered so far, these are the four most likely to be the official game name.

• BatmanNewArkham.com
  • BatmanBrokenGround.com
  • BatmanSiegeofGotham.com
  • BatmanStateofVillainy.com

I expect a lot of teasing and read between the lines announcements to be made next week.

via io9.com

Art Appreciation Moment of the Day: Francesco Francavilla

Dynamite Entertainment Sneak Peek of the Week

1. Brian G.
    July 13, 2010 at 1:05 pm — Reply

I’ve been following http://www.arkhamhasmoved.com for a while now. I’m registered in their contest and ready to go. I won a copy of the first game by being one of the first hundred to crack the viral campaign and am looking to do the same thing this time. Let the games begin!!!

2. Brian G.
    July 13, 2010 at 1:13 pm — Reply

BTW, if anyone is interested in who is appearing in the game, here’s the run down:

Confirmed:

Penguin
    Black Mask

Speculated:

Catwoman
    Riddler

3. July 13, 2010 at 2:01 pm — Reply

Those sound like video game names, rather than a Nolan directed Batman movie name.

4. RPG
    July 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm — Reply

The domain names are new. The footage, however, is not. Don’t tease us like that…

5. Jim
    July 13, 2010 at 3:08 pm — Reply

Based on what I’ve read, this game will be loosely based on the “No Man’s Land” arc of Batman. Of the sites up there, New Arkham seems like the best name fit. We’ll see.

6. Kevin
    July 14, 2010 at 7:12 am — Reply

Am I one of the few people in the world that get the “electric boogaloo” reference? No one remembers “Breakin”?

• Damascus
      July 23, 2010 at 5:00 pm — Reply

If you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d say a lot of people should get the Breakin 2: Electric Boogaloo reference, or read many reviews. Anytime there’s a sequel to pretty much anything, the reference is posted. Now everytime I hear or say a title like Iron Man 2, in my head I hear “Electric Boogaloo”. But as far as that goes, I don’t think nearly as many people really remember the movie all that well.

7. Brian G.
    July 14, 2010 at 7:15 am — Reply

I’m not sure if any of them are going to be used for the game now that I think about it. The first game’s websites were:

http://www.gcmuni.com (Gotham City Municipal – currently down)
    http://www.arkhamcare.com (still active)
    http://www.ign.com (there was a video for Brutal Legend that had Joker interrupt the broadcast to start the campaign)
    and I can’t recall the last one but it was a Gotham Photo Storage service.

Other than that, Edios put a link up on their offical website for the forums that doesn’t seem to be present yet.