Marvel has released a first look at New Mutants Forever #1 that arrives in stores in August, 2010.  It’s got art by Al Rio, and that may be the tipping factor for me picking up the issue.

NEW MUTANTS FOREVER #1 (JUN100635)
Written by CHRIS CLAREMONT
Pencils & 50/50 Cover by AL RIO
50/50 Cover by BILL SIENKIEWICZ

When their headmaster Magneto joins the Hellfire Club, the New Mutants have no choice but to ally themselves with the Black Queen, Selene! Picking up where he left off, Claremont teams with series co-creator Bob McLeod, and the legendary Bill Sienkiewicz, to bring fans a series no New Mutants fan can miss. This August, experience the New Mutants like never before in New Mutants Forever #1!

The $3.99 issue hits stores on August 4, 2010.

via Marvel

DC Comics Sneak Peek: Batman: Odyssey #1

Interview: Thomas Jane is Jonah Hex

1. Navarre
    July 7, 2010 at 2:29 pm — Reply

Illyana’s soulsword doesn’t normally do physical damage to non-magical entities. Maybe there’s something I missed.

But, either way, you know me. Need I even say…

• Gibralter
      July 7, 2010 at 11:21 pm — Reply

You hear that droning? Thats the continuityy alarm.

2. Navarre
    July 8, 2010 at 9:17 am — Reply

I can buy Claremont picking up where he left off. It’s harder to buy that he doesn’t even know how his own characters work.

If he can’t write Illyana properly, he should let me do it.

• July 8, 2010 at 7:38 pm — Reply

If he can’t write Illyana properly, he should let me do it.

I have no words…

• Navarre
        July 8, 2010 at 8:46 pm — Reply

Imagine the horror of having to review “New Mutants Forever by Navarre”!

3. Damascus
    July 12, 2010 at 3:09 am — Reply

I own a lot of the first run of New Mutants, and maybe I should pull them out and answer my own question, but when Rahne/Wolfsbane transitions to her full wolf form, what happens to her form-fitting up to the neck outfit? That seems like it’d rip right through when she shifted.

• frantoo
      August 4, 2010 at 12:08 pm — Reply

I believe that most marvel superhero outfits are made of the kinds of fabrics that shift along with the wearer – unstable molecules, is that what they’re called?

• Damascus_17
        August 4, 2010 at 11:31 pm — Reply

Yeah, it could be. She is wearing a belt and what appear to be metal bracers and boots, so are they made of unstable molecules as well?