Previews July 2010

This issue: Matthew and Stephen take a peek at the July 2010 Previews catalog from Diamond Comics.

[podcast]http://traffic.libsyn.com/majorspoilers/majorspoilers216.mp3[/podcast]

Direct Download

RSS Feed

Podcast Alley

Contact us at podcast@majorspoilers.com

DC Comics Sneak Peek: Brightest Day: The Atom Special

New Comics for July 8, 2010

1. July 6, 2010 at 11:46 pm — Reply

Re: Previews podcasts

I don’t *mind* Previews podcasts every now and then, but they do smack of pointless filler to me.

If it was a choice between NO podcast and a Previews podcast, I’d certainly go the latter, but if it’s bumping more meaningful discussions then Chokito says no, no, no.

(Do Americans even *have* Chokito bars? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyvjZbEP-6c )

• AndyC
      July 7, 2010 at 1:38 am — Reply

Do Americans even *have* Chokito bars?

I’ve never heard of/seen such a thing (in the northeastern US at least) but it does sound kind of tasty.

2. July 7, 2010 at 11:10 am — Reply

I enjoy the Previews episodes as a way to hear you guys run down what you think is worth reading, what’s not, and to hear about little things. It’s interesting to me as the few comics that get here are about a month behind schedule (I don’t know if this is a Canadian thing or a small town thing) so you guys generally review and preview things 1-2 months in advance of me getting them.
    I do agree though, that it works as a filler when you guys are short on time/topics and I’d rather it didn’t pre-empt something else, but if previews it must be, then previews it is!

3. Brian G.
    July 7, 2010 at 12:17 pm — Reply

As a person who doesn’t read Previews, I look to you guys for an advanced heads up on cool things coming out. I really enjoy the Previews podcasts for another reason as well; to see what interests you guys have (and which ones we share in common). If you’re looking to cut down on podcasting, perhaps i can suggest that you do a 5-10 minute condensed version of what interests you guys at the end of the regular podcast? I really enjoy listening … and I hope others do too.

Also … screw you guys for what you said about Xander. I was waiting til the trade to come out to read the Twilight stuff. :( I guess that’s what i get for coming to a site called “Could Possibly Be Minor Spoilers.com” huh? lol

4. J Michael T
    July 7, 2010 at 2:58 pm — Reply

I second the first part of Brian G’s comments. I consider the Previews podcast a perfect backup to the main podcast. My vote is for it to continue … I have found so many gems via your opinion that I look forward to your perusal of the book and your commentary has swayed me one way or another on several ocassions.

5. Ivdar
    July 7, 2010 at 3:23 pm — Reply

I enjoy the Previews podcast, but not as much as the regular Tuesday and Saturday podcasts. They don’t seem as structured and lively, and don’t feature as much discussion. I don’t mind one from time to time, but I’m not for Previews becoming a regular.

• TheNewNum.2
      July 8, 2010 at 4:23 am — Reply

I’m in this camp as well. I don’t mind them on a Saturday podcast, but on Tuesday we want our Pooooooohhhhhllll of the week, News, Reviews, and of course spoilers… and go into detail about the topics discussed. So if you haven’t read, listened or watched… *shakes head* Sorry about that, yeah – Previews are okay for Saturday (maybe not every month?) but not on Tuesday.

• Listener # 8524
      July 9, 2010 at 6:16 pm — Reply

I agree, at times it sounded like I was sitting next to two guys reading a catalog. No offense but I’ve heard enough about Incorruptible and Atomic Robo, maybe we could hear some other NON-big two comics. Or they could have dropped some spoilers about some ongoing titles on their pull-lists.

I vote no more previews

6. Ricco
    July 9, 2010 at 2:02 pm — Reply

It’s a good “Oh crap we forgot to prepare a podcast for this week” sorta deal but your usual podcast are superior.

• July 11, 2010 at 12:55 am — Reply

That’s a rather presumptuous sort of statement. :D

• Damascus
        July 11, 2010 at 2:12 am — Reply

I don’t get to go to the comic shop often and he doesn’t always get all the stuff in the books (obviously) and I don’t get the Previews magazines, so I like hearing some opinions on some titles. Keep doing what you’re doing guys, so much of what you do is great, if a podcast goes a little slower than normal who cares. Keep it up guys!

• Ricco
        July 13, 2010 at 10:49 pm — Reply

I thought I hear you say something to that effect, or maybe it was concerning the poll of the week? This is what happens when you re-listen to podcast too often you get what was said in them confused…

7. Old Man
    July 12, 2010 at 12:56 am — Reply

I need my MS fix. As long as you do a cast, I’m cool with it. There’s plenty there even without the previews: Wolverine bashing, fake-rigo, and Stephen and his ipad. Good stuff.

8. July 16, 2010 at 7:39 pm — Reply

The issue with an episode devoted to previews is how dated it is and a lack of replayability. I can listen to a review at any time but in the future (Hello, future people!) will I be wondering if I should take a chance on a something that came out a while ago? Still, speculation can be fun to relive to see how right/wrong you were but I’d prefer it not be a regular thing.