DC has released a sneak peek of Brightest Day: The Atom Special that arrives in stores this week.  No, there is no Ryan Choi…

Brightest Day: The Atom Special
Written by JEFF LEMIRE

Discover all-new allies, enemies and adventure as The Atom leaps from the pages of BRIGHTEST DAY into this one-shot special! Rising stars Jeff Lemire (SWEET TOOTH) and Mahmud Asrar (Avengers: The Initiative) update the Atom’s origin and kick off the tiny titan’s next major story, which continues this month in ADVENTURE COMICS #516 (see page 87). If you thought you knew Ray Palmer, then think again! The smallest hero in the DCU is about to become one of its biggest, and the excitement starts right here!

via DC Comics

Marvel Sneak Peek: Secret Avengers #3

Major Spoilers Podcast #216: Previews for July 2010

1. TaZ
    July 6, 2010 at 2:58 pm — Reply

Oh, goodness of sheer Silver Age JOY! I’m going to be following this.

2. brainypirate
    July 6, 2010 at 3:59 pm — Reply

Wait, his successor has been brutally murdered and Ray is worried about his LAB being trashed??????

• AndyC
      July 6, 2010 at 4:44 pm — Reply

Does he know that his successor has been offed yet? I mean WE found a while ago but when does this story take place.

I will admit I’m a little bit behind on the stack o’ comics so maybe I haven’t read something pertinent but is it possible that this is happening at the same time that Choi is getting snuffed or before maybe.

• brainypirate
        July 6, 2010 at 8:08 pm — Reply

He’s in Ivy Town and Choi was a professor at the Uni there and has suddenly gone missing. They were probably in the same department, or at least in related departments. I’m sure he’s heard that Dr. Choi has suddenly gone missing (and left a stack of ungraded exams, no doubt….)

3. Bob
    July 6, 2010 at 6:14 pm — Reply

Who is this Ryan Choi? And Ray Palmer dealt with his successor’s death in the pages of Suicide Squad years ago.

• July 6, 2010 at 7:43 pm — Reply

Ryan Choi is the latest Atom, recently killed in the pages of Titans… The successor you’re thinking of, Adam Cray, is, as you say, dead.

4. Crash
    July 9, 2010 at 8:13 pm — Reply

Just read this issue today. I only picked it up because it somehow made it’s way into my box (probably because I had a lot of other Brightest Day stuff and they just threw it in there). I’ve never been a fan of The Atom and this just reinforced my views. I’m sure it could be a great comic for those how are fans but as someone who has never been a fan and don’t know a lot about the Atom it was kind of a snooze fest.