Critical Hit: A Major Spoilers D and D podcast
Four Against The Void

This episode: The quartet has arrived at the final tower. A shortage of Mooninite means the group will have to figure out another way to create a spark.

[podcast]http://traffic.libsyn.com/majorspoilers/critical_hit_55.mp3[/podcast]

Download

RSS Feed

Contact us at podcast@majorspoilers.com

Major Spoilers Theme Song: The Lyrics

Rapid-Fire Reviews: Independence Day Edition (First Salvo)

1. Torontofrog
    July 3, 2010 at 11:44 am — Reply

Awesome! D&D as always been based on good stories and this one is really good! About the creature within Smith, my guess is that we finally meet The Thing That Shatter the Sky!

Keep on the good work and congrats on your second season!

• Ricco
      July 3, 2010 at 4:30 pm — Reply

I kept thinking, why didn’t anyone look for the commands for the tower? Once Smith starts burning speed will be of the essence and non one knows were that console is!!!

It all makes sense, The Queens Rebelious Daughter said that as part of their probation the moon Gods had to follow through on their promises (so that would mean they are imprisoned/not completely free), Smith is the only one The Thing That Shatters the Sky never spoke to (you don’t speak to your avatar, it would be like talking to yourself).

Of course if this is true it might be worse for our heores, if the terms of his probation forced him to do what he promised, what’s stopping him from killing them all now that he’s free?

Rodrigo, that was just beautiful story telling!

P.S.- When Smith stepped in to be the fuse and Rob said “I’ll get started…” I was so sure he was going to say “…on the plans for the statue, any particular pose?”

• Jackie
        July 9, 2010 at 2:06 pm — Reply

Man if Smith did say that I think I would still be laughing!

2. SpiderLover
    July 3, 2010 at 3:14 pm — Reply

What a cliff hanger. Ugh is it next Saturday yet?

3. Viggosen
    July 3, 2010 at 3:20 pm — Reply

Oh-my-bleeping-god! Using a PC as a boss-carrier. Love it! This is indeed an epic adventure. Thanks Rodrigo for giving me a nice happening for my own campain.

4. Sam
    July 3, 2010 at 7:59 pm — Reply

If I concentrate hard enough, I should be able to jump my personal timeline ahead by one week…
    Thanks for all the great shows, guys, I’ve been here since around episode 16, and 40 episodes later, it just gets more and more epic.

Also: When will we get to see more of the party from “how the other half lives”? Warforged Matthew is awesome!

And now I’ve started to accelerate past the speed of li- *pop*.

• TheNewNum.2
      July 4, 2010 at 1:32 am — Reply

You’re not supposed to travel within your own time line… Has Doctor Who taught you nothing? XD (I jest of course.)

• Ricco
        July 4, 2010 at 11:10 am — Reply

Oh you can, as long as you don’t change anything and only observe.

5. Sarah
    July 3, 2010 at 10:29 pm — Reply

*twitches* Agggh, nooooo! Smith was my favorite Torqueltone. :( Why isn’t it next week yet?!

• TheNewNum.2
      July 6, 2010 at 4:48 am — Reply

You’re in luck… it is in fact ‘next week’. But sadly, it’s not Saturday yet.

6. TheNewNum.2
    July 4, 2010 at 1:36 am — Reply

Honestly, as Smith started to transform, I had the distinct feeling that this WAS going to be the Season Finale, and that we weren’t going to find out what emerged from Smith (I second the prediction of ‘The Thing That Scatters the Shy) until after the much anticipated DM’ing-centered podcasts and the next season starts up.

But I’ve never been more glad to be proven less than accurate. (I’m never wrong… once I thought I was, but I was mistaken.)

7. SpiderLover
    July 4, 2010 at 11:47 am — Reply

I don’t know if anyone has noticed but the Rp in Critical hit is phenomenal as well. Smith in particular, his character development has progressed from the silent guy, to give jabs and barbs at his group members. Orem has went from just tolerating his teammates to actually having affection for them and seems to consider them friends. As seen in the tower. Torq has become wiser and Randus has done wonderful things as well. Though I do miss Thony.

8. Lizzie
    July 4, 2010 at 8:12 pm — Reply

Oh my Frakkin’ God! Dang it I hate cliff hangers! Now to go listen to it 15 times before next week. I was laughing to hard at some points to understand what was said. I do agree hulheartedly with it being He who Scatters/Shatters the Shy/Sky.

9. Jake
    July 4, 2010 at 9:25 pm — Reply

Just to be clear, I hate you all, with the brilliant radiance of a thousand suns, for leaving me with this cliff hanger.

-Jake

10. peter
    July 5, 2010 at 11:23 am — Reply

awesome episode.

11. Sam
    July 6, 2010 at 1:43 am — Reply

*pop* -ile. Well, that was a kick! Good news, the next few episodes were totally awesome. Bad news… well, let’s not get into that until after the invasion starts. The continuing adventures of our heroes would fill me with anticipation, so we’ll all be rewarded for having looked forward to them.
    I hope you’ll all have a happy Fourth of July holid… Oh, crepes. I missed the landing, didn’t I?

12. Brian
    July 8, 2010 at 9:14 pm — Reply

Rodrigo is anything but predictable.