Yamato USA has unveiled the latest in its Fantasy Figures, with a more adult take on Tinkerbell.

The legends of white fairies dressed in gowns of diaphanous silk, have died. The multicolored flowers that they wore in their blonde, curly hair have died too; leaving the air thick with the evil to come… Yamato USA presents Black Tinkerbell by Luis Royo, the next installation in its Fantasy Figure Gallery. This devilishly dark beauty from a sculpt by Shin Tanabe stands approximately 5.50″ from head to toe, 11.25″ from her massive, diorama base to the tip of her expansive wings, which ingeniously turn translucent in light. The first edition of this magnificent piece is limited to only 3,000 pieces worldwide, comes with numbered display base, certificate of authenticity and art card all packaged in a collector style window box.

In the day and age when characters are getting covered up left and right, it’s got to be refreshing for someone out there to see something like this.

Complete gallery after the jump!

The statue sells for $119.00.

via Yamato USA

Star Wars Insider announces carbonite variant

SDCC'10: Rob Liefeld gets mini

1. TaZ
    June 30, 2010 at 12:40 pm — Reply

“Peter Pan: Dark Reign”

You know, that could be kind of a fun parody. “By the way, Tink…you got any fairy dust that can make you full size?”

2. Brian G.
    June 30, 2010 at 12:45 pm — Reply

This is intersting and made me look up the rest of the series of figures. Out of about 5 or 6 characters in the Fantasy Figure Gallery, I’ve only heard of Tinkerbell and Medusa. That really turns me off to the series. This is a pretty statue but the fact that I don’t know who the rest of the characters are, deter me from collecting any of them.

3. Ricco
    June 30, 2010 at 2:10 pm — Reply

Every new age store has a full gallery of dark fairies, vampire ladies and sexy witches. Nothing really new here.

4. Spaceboots
    June 30, 2010 at 3:00 pm — Reply

When my RSS feed said “Black Tinkerbell” I was expecting an African-American fairy.

5. J Michael T
    June 30, 2010 at 3:17 pm — Reply

Actually, this may be the first time I have looked at one of these and not felt a bit pedophilic… Sexy but not extreme…

6. Armaan
    June 30, 2010 at 4:26 pm — Reply

The statue may be annoyingly slutty… but her face is beautifully done. Just beautiful.

7. Neo_Geo
    November 6, 2010 at 11:12 am — Reply

I got the more expensive “Resin Statue” version of this sculpture today. It comes in five pieces – the base, the main body, the left forearm (with spear), left wing and right wing. There is a warning regarding the assembly of the wings – that you may need to heat the hair with a hair dryer to make it pliable enough to allow the wings to fit through it. There is a hole in the base for the end of the spear to go in, but the spear on mine was somewhat warped a few degrres so that the spear missed the hole by about an inch or so. I guess I should’ve applied the warning about the hair/wings to the spear assembly, because when I tried to bend the spear into place… CLICK! and inch of the end of the spear snapped off!!! B-U-M-M-E-R ! So, beware of the fragility of the pieces of the statue. I think I will store the wings in the box and display her without ’em. Personally, I think the wings are a distraction to her overall beauty, and I don’t want to risk damaging her any further. Again, these comments are in reference to the limited edition of 500 RESIN statue. Comments about the fragility may or may not apply to the PCV version.