Review: Buck Rogers #12

LEGO the movie

1. Kirby
    June 29, 2010 at 7:53 am — Reply

One word: Awesome!

2. TaZ
    June 29, 2010 at 8:27 am — Reply

I’m a bit old for the HP franchise but both my daughters grew up with the series. Even though they’re now in the 20’s and late teens I’m pretty sure both of them will be in the theater when these are released.

3. Navarre
    June 29, 2010 at 8:50 am — Reply

Harry Potter is a great story regardless of your age. You don’t have to be a 17 year old to relate to Harry or enjoy the story.

Someone make the 3-D stop.

4. June 29, 2010 at 9:58 am — Reply

Yeah, I’m 32 and really enjoy the films (never read the books). I think they’ve gotten better as they’ve gone too (I didn’t start watching until the first 3 or 4 were all out on video). I don’t know if I’ll go to the theater to see this or not. I think I saw the last one in the theater, but I waited a few weeks for the craze to die down to avoid looking like a freak or a perv. :D

Also, yeah, I’m completely over the 3D thing. It’s just an excuse to squeeze more money out of you.

5. SpiderLover
    June 29, 2010 at 11:09 am — Reply

I stopped watching after the third movie I believe. While I read all the books, seeing them on the big screen lost appeal for me. I think its because of how long each movie took to come out.

6. Creep
    June 29, 2010 at 4:27 pm — Reply

I think I’ll pass…although it looks very nice

• Navarre
      June 29, 2010 at 4:38 pm — Reply

Then why pass?

7. June 29, 2010 at 5:24 pm — Reply

I like the books (though I think the last book wasn’t much) but the movies annoy me more than most movie adaptions as many of the deviations that take place don’t seem to be justifiable to me, or at the very least the changes made actually detract from the larger story/themes in play. I remember really disliking how the last movie played out as it kinda detracted from the big poigniant ending of the book and it just seemed to be done for spectacle over story telling.

I’ll undoubtedly watch it with my family next year when it’s released on DVD and is added to the family collection but I’m not fussed on seeing it in the cinemas as I have no faith in them doing a story worth the money to watch.

Also all cinema beyond the old school animated films is in 3d, cameras tend to record depth just fine.