It doesn’t look like DC is slowing down with its direct to DVD releases.  Batman: Under the Red Hood is just around the corner, and we’ve now learned that Superman/Batman: Apocalypse will fly our way September 28.  The movie will be based on the Supergirl from Krypton storyline from the Superman/Batman series, that returned yet another Kara Zor-El back to the DC Universe.

via Superman Homepage

Retro Review: Justice League Annual #4 (Summer 1990)

More Walking Dead photos surface

1. Creep
    June 28, 2010 at 8:10 am — Reply

God that arc was so awful (not to mention the first five meaningless Issues of Supergirls own series)…it took like four years and Sterling Gates to make Kara a decent character (although I really liked the early issue where she tries to go into High School and has kind of a fling with (R.I.P.) Boomer )

2. Larry King
    June 28, 2010 at 9:08 am — Reply

So I guess WB/DC will be animating all the Superman/Batman arcs. Well I will hold out for the the Absoulte Power where I get me some Legion, Kamandi, and Scalphunter.

3. Brian G.
    June 28, 2010 at 9:10 am — Reply

It’s about time! This is one of the best stories that Superman/Batman has put out. I wonder if they’re going to keep the Batman/Darkseid fight in. It’s just a shame that they changed the ending to Public Enemies other wise they two would have flowed nicely into each other.

4. Armaan
    June 28, 2010 at 9:17 am — Reply

Man, I am LOVING the animated movies that just don’t stop coming out!

Now if they only sold the bloody things here life would be fantastic! I mean, I can get why they wouldn’t see comics here, but we’d all buy the movies for sure!

5. websnap
    June 28, 2010 at 9:44 am — Reply

Is this a Clayton Crain cover? Super girl looks like she’s fresh from the Xmen – Necrosha series.

• Crash
      June 28, 2010 at 6:35 pm — Reply

I was thinking the same thing. Looks a lot like the X-Force comics.

6. Jeff
    June 28, 2010 at 2:20 pm — Reply

I’m with Creep. I don’t want to get a reputation for being a negative nancy around here, but WTF, you know?

If I’ve said it before I’ve said it a hundred times since Kara Zor-El was brought back into continuity: get that bitch a rogue’s gallery! I am SO sick of her fighting her inner-evil self…!

• Brian G.
      June 28, 2010 at 2:46 pm — Reply

Well this is Superman/Batman and not Supergirl so I’m sure the focus will be shifted towards them (like the comic was).

7. Jim
    June 28, 2010 at 5:21 pm — Reply

C’mon, can’t the JSA get some animated love?

• Brian G.
      June 30, 2010 at 8:33 am — Reply

That’s a very good point. I’d like to see some JSA stories too. I don’t read JSA so what story would be a good one to adapt?

• Damascus
        June 30, 2010 at 11:22 pm — Reply

How about the one where they all apply for their AARP card and then go to an Early Bird dinner?

8. Damascus
    June 28, 2010 at 11:53 pm — Reply

How about a full length Blue Beetle movie, I’d be down for buying that. I’m thinking Jamie Reyes, mostly because I don’t feel like Ted Kord could hold a movie on his own, not currently.

• Brian G.
      June 30, 2010 at 8:31 am — Reply

Assuming the Blue Beetle tv show is a hit, you may very well get your wish. But as it stands now, BB is very obscure to many.

9. Wil
    June 30, 2010 at 11:47 am — Reply

Being an admirer of the late Michael Turner, I would add this to my collection. And a Green Arrow short would be hard to pass up. I expect to see a dedication to Michael Turner as well as some mention in the special features docu.
    Granted, its not the greatest thing in the history of comics but its got its fanbase. And Laura Vandervoort would still make a great Supergirl in her own right…outside the Smallville Universe.

Batman: Sword of Azrael, The Ray, (Crisis On Infinite Earths and Kingdom Come are fanboy gimmes)…now those as DC animated features I really want to see.