As the release date for M. Night Shyamalan’s Avatar: The Last Airbender draws closer and closer, it’s time to show off the four tribes to the world.

A look at the other lands after the jump.

The Earth Kingdom is really Earthy…

Fans of the cartoon series are going to love the Fire Nation’s battleships.

And finally, the Air Temple

I’ve only recently started watching the series, and I think I might have to give this movie a chance.

Batman fan film worth watching

Iron Man Extremis Episode #6 trailer

1. June 22, 2010 at 11:53 am — Reply

I have never been so excited for a movie in a long time. At first I thought the series was a little young but then I got into it and I was completely blown away. I totally fell in love with the series and this has got me even more pumped for the movie.

I know there is probably some CGI in the rendering of the environments but after looking at the videos it just makes me excited. Shama-lama-ding-dong better not mess this movie up or I will have his head.

Thanks for the updates all in one place. Yay Major Spoilers!

2. Xybec Katta
    June 22, 2010 at 9:56 pm — Reply

The only thing I can see going wrong is with the director. This is a belved series and he had better treat it right.

3. Crash
    June 22, 2010 at 11:38 pm — Reply

My only problem so far is that the series has a good balance of storyline seriousness and comedy. This movie doesn’t look like it’s gonna have any comedy though I could be wrong.

4. Erik
    June 23, 2010 at 10:55 am — Reply

Anyone know if there is a plan to film sequels? I am just curious how this movie can be missing major characters from the cartoon it is based on, namely Toph. Unless it is just the first film of a series of course. So far I am fairly positive in my reactions to what I have seen. I don’t think it has a shot at ever living up to the awesomeness of the cartoon, but it appears like it will probably be fairly good.

• Bryan
      June 23, 2010 at 11:34 am — Reply

It’s the first season. Like all things that might possibly be successful, they planned it out to be a trilogy of movies, each one covering one season of the show. Which kind of sucks for me, because Toph was my favourite character and if it is just “Water” then she won’t be in it.

So I hope this movie does great so that it justifies completing the series.

• Erik
        June 23, 2010 at 12:57 pm — Reply

That’s kind of what I figured. I am a big fan of Toph as well and it sucks that we have to wait for a potential sequel to see her.