DC Comics has released a sneak peek of The Flash #3.  With Rogues showing up dead, it’s up to The Flash to solve the case, or die trying.

THE FLASH #3
Written by GEOFF JOHNS
Art and cover by FRANCIS MANAPUL
1:10 variant cover by GREG HORN

It may be BRIGHTEST DAY, but when a mysterious group of so-called heroes turns up, another Rogue ends up dead. Plus, the mystery deepends as The Flash witness another murder — his own!

via The Source

Carter Beats Pre-Pro Hell

DC Comics FINALLY comes to the iPad and iPod Touch - Thumbs nose at Marvel with Day and Date release

1. TaZ
    June 22, 2010 at 3:53 pm — Reply

Nice to know that if you die in the DCU you come back in a lot better physical shape than you were in when you bit a bullet from Tim Drake’s dad. CB was an overweight butter-ball with a bald spot from Hell in Identity Crisis. Now he’s a rather sporty blighter that’s got his new uniform with logo an all on in what’s supposed to be the worst prison in DCU?

Any why do all the Flash Rouges get time in an actual prison while the Batman Rouge’s gallery are all declared mental cases and sent to Arkham?

I don’t want to even speculate on how a US court system would completely MELT THE HELL DOWN trying to figure out if you can still prosecute a bad guy for all the murders and mayhem he committed if he actually died and then was “resurrected” by a “white lantern”.

I hate to say this, because I’m a fan of Barry Allen’s Flash, but so far the new Flash series has been almost no interest to me. The art doesn’t do a thing for me as far as translating a “speedster”, the “Brightest Day” stuff is making my head hurt and there’s still an entire extended family of folks somewhere in the background that you have to wonder about. Jay Garrick’s in JSA but that doesn’t cover his interaction with his “family”. Same thing for Bart in Teen Titans and now Jessie “Quick” Chambers as she moves from the JSA to the JLA. Kinda leaves Wally West, Max Mercury and Iris West in the shadows. The way the coloring is being done makes be have to look at the cowl to see if the person being drawn is Barry or Wally since the costume ends up being more purplish than red.

Things may pick up but this “rebirth” series has been a bit of a disappointment for me.

• Armaan
      June 23, 2010 at 12:38 am — Reply

The thing that I don’t get most of ALL is why he’s in his uniform in jail. I mean, I just do not get that. The rest makes sense – Batman’s villains are insane. Period. The Rogues are just badass criminals. Well, some more then others, but still, they’re not actually NUTS. The bat villains are.

It IS a bit unfair that Captain Boomerang got revived as a fit and healthy young man, but thing about it – when he came back as a black lantern, the ring needed him at his best, and the white lantern ring just probably turned that body into a live one. We’re still not sure why. And that’s why I love the brightest day – the mystery of it. It’s just a pity that the ultimate mystery solver, bruce wayne, will only be back AFTER it’s all over. Probably. And Ralph Dibny is dead, too. And J’onn… well, I am sure glad to see HIS detective side :).

And I think the department for metahuman affairs may just have figured out how to deal with resurrections by now. I mean, the league is offering paperwork to the resurrected so that they can officially exist even on paper, so criminals must get the same thing…

Although, I CAN picture Amanda Waller pinching her nose and going, “Hold on, we have him recorded as dead, only now he’s back… let’s say we kill him and save everyone a lot of paperwork, okay? I’m missing Oprah.”

• TaZ
        June 23, 2010 at 11:16 am — Reply

Good point. Even given the unrealistic aspects of storylines Tim Drake, Amanda Waller and a couple of others should be trying to break into that prison to make sure that Digger Harkness makes a second return to the cold, cold ground.

• Armaan
          June 23, 2010 at 1:21 pm — Reply

Well, not Tim Drake. Tim Drake wouldn’t kill Captain Boomerang. I can’t even imagine Tim being messed up by the dude, Tim is a STRONG character. And Amanda Waller… she doesn’t need to break into prison. She just has to make a few phone calls.

2. brainypirate
    June 22, 2010 at 4:35 pm — Reply

Stephen, you might want to correct that Typo in your post! Don’t want you Cheeks to turn Red, now do we? ;)

• June 22, 2010 at 8:45 pm — Reply

Did I spell it wrong? Or did I spell it right? You’ll have to wait until the issue arrives to see if The Flash fight his old enemies or a rabid band of cosmetic sales people…

• brainypirate
        June 23, 2010 at 11:42 am — Reply

Let me guess: A group of super-powered neo-Nazis who are trying to bleach the DCU white??? And then Barry has to call on all the minority members of the Flash family to… waitaminnit… that would leave only Wally’s kids and Jenni, wouldn’t it? Hmmmm….

• brainypirate
      June 23, 2010 at 11:51 am — Reply

And I just noticed the big fat typo in my own post…. Ah, the perils of being an English instructor….

3. Gibralter
    June 22, 2010 at 4:36 pm — Reply

Why is everyone spelling Rogues wrong.

• June 22, 2010 at 8:11 pm — Reply

Why is everyone spelling Rogues wrong.

Why don’t you end your question with a question mark? Honest answer is, “rogue” and “rouge” are very similar and misspelling it that way won’t trip a spellchecker.

• Gibralter
        June 22, 2010 at 9:42 pm — Reply

Curse you Peterson, foiled me again! I’ll have my day yet!

• June 22, 2010 at 8:46 pm — Reply

Because we can?

• TaZ
      June 23, 2010 at 6:03 am — Reply

Forgive me. I’m just a simple country boy from NC and them fancy words trip me up.

Truth is, I was in a hurry and just didn’t proof it like I normally do. Me culpa, me culpa. (It’s “rogue”…got it now.)

• June 23, 2010 at 7:50 am — Reply

I wouldn’t worry about it, we all know what you were talking about

• brainypirate
        June 23, 2010 at 11:48 am — Reply

I’m confused–the tag says that Stephen wrote the article, so why is TaZ apologizing? How many people are living at Major Spoilers Manor anyway???

4. johnny
    June 22, 2010 at 10:20 pm — Reply

Maybe fat, dead Digger was a part of the skrull invasion?

He seems only a little older than his son here.