Critical Hit: A Major Spoilers D and D podcast
Four Against The Void

This episode: Our heroes find the long sought after Coil of the Cogs!

[podcast]http://traffic.libsyn.com/majorspoilers/critical_hit53.mp3[/podcast]

Direct Download

RSS Feed

Contact us at podcast@majorspoilers.com

IDW comics for September 2010

Major Spoilers Podcast #211: Speaking of Awards...

1. Bryan
    June 19, 2010 at 11:04 am — Reply

TORQ: …can we dress up an unseen servant as a monkey lizard?
    *silence*

I love Torq. :)

2. Ricco
    June 19, 2010 at 12:29 pm — Reply

When Torq was looking in his adventurers gear I kept expecting Rodrigo to say:
    “no, you do not have any pokeballs in there…”

• Bryan
      June 19, 2010 at 1:57 pm — Reply

But Rodrigo tends to be the Foil of the group.

3. Torontofrog
    June 19, 2010 at 2:23 pm — Reply

As a french speaking person, I am offended sir that dwarves are apparently speaking french… arrrrfh.

I would not try to fix Coil’s vocoder… Just because it would bother the DM to remember to simulate that problem!

4. Rob (aka Smith)
    June 20, 2010 at 3:11 am — Reply

Dwarves speak French because Randus and Smith speak Dwarven and Brian and I took French in high school.

5. Rodrigo
    June 20, 2010 at 3:51 pm — Reply

Of course then there’s the issue of the dungeonmaster just not being willing to take 15 minutes to yell at the players about why dwarves don’t speak french and why giant isn’t highschool spanish, but that’d eat up too much air time.

• June 20, 2010 at 9:01 pm — Reply

It’s actually something that may be important down the line. Torq speaks Giant, nobody else does. If it becomes necessary for me to speak giant in character, I intend to use my high school Spanish (which is hurtful, by the way) in order to communicate in a manner that the Game Master will understand but the other players will not. It’s an old trick I learned when we actually had a party where not everyone spoke Common.

6. GiantGnome
    June 20, 2010 at 7:20 pm — Reply

“Ich habe nicht gefickte schreibmaschine!” translate as “I have not fucked(as in the adjective, not the verb) typewriter”, or correcting the broken grammar, “I do not have the fucking typewriter!”. Which is probably correct in Torq’s case.

This is based on my pretty poor german skills (I am Danish), so it may be totally wrong :)

• June 29, 2010 at 9:17 am — Reply

You’re totally right actually, as far as this southern neighbor of yours is concerned. ;)

That part made actually laugh out loudly when I listened to it, and made me wonder were exactly Matthew picked up his German.

7. J Michael T
    June 22, 2010 at 10:02 am — Reply

The perils of listening to the podcast via headphones at work … so Torq wades in and I let out a loud ‘HA!!’ … heads turn in my direction … I pretend to clear my throat and mutter “that’s better’ …

8. Lizzie
    June 22, 2010 at 6:32 pm — Reply

So let me get this straight, the Squiggles, which can cross the ravine of fire, eat Lizard Monkey’s?

• Rodrigo
      June 23, 2010 at 1:52 am — Reply

They’re actually not squiggles, that’s a different critter.

9. June 23, 2010 at 2:08 pm — Reply

I know this is a bit late(I finally got my chance after a busy weekend to listen to this ep) but Rodrigo let Orem and Randus use Arcana on the same turn in the skill check – are you still going by your “Lord Kensington” rules or was that intentional?

• Rodrigo
      June 23, 2010 at 9:57 pm — Reply

did they go right after each other in initiative?

the rules are:
      * You can’t use the same skill you used last turn
      * You can’t use the same skill as the person who went immediately prior to you in initiative
      * Descriptively it has to make sense

10. Brian G.
    June 24, 2010 at 11:22 am — Reply

Never played D&D and never desired to. This is the first Critical Hit I listened to because I really needed something to listen to. That being said, I really enjoyed listening. I don’t understand any of the game play (be it how it works, what it means, or what the attacks are) but I like listening to the story. I’m a big fan of radio shows (like Suspense, The Shadow, and Gunsmoke) and this is as much fun as listening to them in my oppinion. I’ll be waiting for the next episode. Now I’m off to listen to some past episodes ….

11. Sam
    June 25, 2010 at 4:58 pm — Reply

Just as an aside note (because normal comment length for me resembles the full text of Atlas Shrugged): Congratulations on the one year anniversary guys! As I write this post I am roughly 3 weeks from the one year anniversary of my first D&D campaign and your comment in one of the recent episodes brought on a flood of memories from this past year, bringing a tear to my eye and a chuckle to my mind at all the good times I’ve had in that fantastical world.
    P.S.: My heart goes out to Rodrigo as my players (I DM) are a sociopathic bunch that have found creative ways to knock me for a loop ( One character is half Ghost Panda and another keeps a jar of magical, semi sentient “Omni-Fungus”, of which he always asks “Is my fungus happy?”).
    Peace out.