We told you the other day that Blue Beetle was headed to the small screen, and now it looks like we have more answers in the form of clarifications from Geoff Johns.

I feel very fortunate to have been a part of Blue Beetle’s introduction way back in INFINITE CRISIS. I’ve said it before, but thanks to the BLUE BEETLE series launched by Keith Giffen and John Rogers with a great design by Cully Hamner, Jaime Reyes rocks. Great character, great story, great look. He’s already appeared in animation, had action figures and right now he’s on my computer in live-action glory. I have an early special effects test that has been floating around of what his armored scarab-suit could look like. This isn’t final. This isn’t greenlit. It’s only a test that was done. We still have a long way to go to see if we can get this off the ground and a lot of people to jump on board…but check out some stills:

And the stills look very impressive!

You’ll have to wait until the San Diego Comic-Con to see the live action sequence, that Johns promises to bring and show off at as many panels as possible.

via The Source

Charlaine Harris gets bio comic from Bluewater Productions

New Aqualad gets a name and backstory

1. Rob
    June 16, 2010 at 10:31 am — Reply

Looks impressive, hopes are high for this one.

2. Brian G.
    June 16, 2010 at 11:21 am — Reply

Why do I feel that he’s going to be fighting the Power Rangers or VR Troopers by the end of the first season?

3. brainypirate
    June 16, 2010 at 11:57 am — Reply

I hope they cast an actual Latino in the role….

4. Larry King
    June 16, 2010 at 12:03 pm — Reply

I’d watch it, though I had a bad flashback to M.A.N.T.I.S., but if some network(CW most likely) would give it a shot, I think it would do well.

5. Ricco
    June 16, 2010 at 1:31 pm — Reply

I hope more then just Blue Beetle are in this, what I hate most about comic book movies/TV shows is the fact alot of times no other hero is part of their universe.

Plus Jaime Blue Beetle without Ted Kord Blue Beetle is just wrong, wrong thy tell ya!

6. russ
    June 16, 2010 at 2:16 pm — Reply

hang on, my son plays the games on the DC Kids site and I’m sure that the ‘bedroom transformation’ pictures above are taken from the intro to that. I remember thinking how cool it looked, this was a few months ago. Can’t find it on their site at the moment but I’ll ask my son tomorrow.

7. Inkhorn
    June 16, 2010 at 10:48 pm — Reply

This could be cool.

Smallville is coming to an end just as they started embracing the plethora of heroes the DC Universe has to offer, so I need me a new drug.

This is a better idea than Young Dick Grayson, not to mention team up potential galore.

8. Ravishing Richie
    June 17, 2010 at 7:31 am — Reply

Cool! Will give it a try and I think they would have to mention the past Blue Beetles to explain the importance of the scarab.I hope to see the Maxwell Lord Justice League make an appearance, get some Booster, Fire, Ice, Captain Atom,Martian Manhunter,etc. up in there! At least in a flashback of the second Blue Beetle ;)

9. July 17, 2010 at 9:43 am — Reply

Apparently, the test footage was directed by Alex Winter (as in, Bill S. Preston!) Guess he impressed enough people with those Ben 10 movies… The moment I found out, I got 50% more excited for this project…