It’s been a long time coming, but we finally have an official trailer for Sony Entertainment Online and DC Entertainment’s DC Universe Online MMORPG.

The team has been hard at work gearing up for E3, and as you’ll see in this trailer composed entirely of actually game play footage. The moment you step into the world of DC Universe Online, you will experience high paced action and physics unlike anything ever seen before, and this trailer is just a taste of what lies ahead for you! Our goal at Sony Online Entertainment in Austin is to combine a fast paced action combat experience that console gamers expect with a huge online world supporting thousands of players. Our saying around the office is “Prove Thru Play,” and we can’t wait to get people in front of the game at E3 this week to take it for a test drive and experience for themselves exactly what we mean.

via PlayStation Blog

Wizard World Philly 2011 dates announced

The eleventh Doctor gets a finale trailer

1. Astro Dinosaurus
    June 15, 2010 at 11:38 am — Reply

Speed-suite Steve isn’t very awe inspiring. Lets hope this “plays” better than Champions Online.

2. SpiderLover
    June 15, 2010 at 6:25 pm — Reply

I was disappointed they didn’t show more from DCUMMO during the actual coverage.

3. Jim
    June 15, 2010 at 11:02 pm — Reply

1) That character design reminds me of Metron

2) I’m unclear whether you will be able to play as actual DCU characters in this game or only as your own creations. If it’s the latter, I’m much less intrigued (though still a little).

• Astro Dinosaurus
      June 15, 2010 at 11:05 pm — Reply

Option (b) but it wouldn’t be hard to create a Batman clone…Well easier than it was for Darkseid.

4. Damascus
    June 15, 2010 at 11:27 pm — Reply

If I can make a Darkwing Duck, I’ll buy it, otherwise I might still buy it. It’ll get real freaking old though as I walk past 900 Batman clones and 4000 GL clones (as I walk past them as my own GL clone) and actually it could be pretty cool when a bunch of people make Marvel character clones to run around and it’ll be like and Amalgam game world.

5. Jotunheim
    June 16, 2010 at 1:52 am — Reply

Can’t really have an MMO where you can play as the original characters. That’d mean a milion batmans all running around the place, and that’d be a lame thing. I’m reserving judgement on this thing till I see more of the character creation.

6. Pariah
    June 16, 2010 at 6:51 am — Reply

I will be there. I will be me more or less. Screw powers, just hand me gun to fight the criminals and give me enough rope to hang myself if it sucks…lol

7. Bob
    June 16, 2010 at 10:24 am — Reply

I am gonna create Spiderman, but I am not going to be married to Mary Jane, but since its in the DCU it will be because Superboy Prime punched, not cuz of Aunt May dying for the 11th time.