Critical Hit: A Major Spoilers D and D podcast

This episode: The mad attack from the JellyFoosh continues to baffle our heroes… and our listeners, too.

[podcast]http://traffic.libsyn.com/majorspoilers/critical_hit52.mp3[/podcast]

Direct Download

RSS Feed

Encounter image gallery, after the jump!

Contact us at podcast@majorspoilers.com

Behind the scenes of Walking Dead

Major Spoilers Podcast #209: Batman at 700

1. litanyofthieves
    June 12, 2010 at 9:35 am — Reply

Cool banner, bro! *Insert Hercules giving thumbs up here*

2. Lizzie
    June 12, 2010 at 2:27 pm — Reply

To:Mr. Thing who shatters the sky
    I apologize that I ever doubted your good…ness. Thank you for saving our heroes and I thank you with these cookies I’m sending via Torq. Please take it up with him if you do not recieve them.

3. Ricco
    June 12, 2010 at 6:19 pm — Reply

Cool eppisode, all I’ll say is that Stephen makes history fun!

4. Aubreii
    June 13, 2010 at 10:10 am — Reply

Seriously getting better and better every week. We need a chronicler to turn this into a graphic novel and come full circle.

5. Bryan
    June 13, 2010 at 1:51 pm — Reply

Critical Hit #52: Attack of the JellyFoosh II, or How Torq discovers Religion :)

6. Mark
    June 15, 2010 at 8:01 am — Reply

Great episode. I haven’t been as fond of the moon episodes as the ones you’d done before, but this one might be my favorite episode since the rooftop battle. The way Rodrigo played Torq’s use of Religion in the skill challenge was just genius. And the way the team turned the battle around from the last episode felt very cinimatic. I could almost hear the LOTR style music score swelling as Torq leaped to Randace’s defense, and then summoned his loyal dog to come to his rescue. And it’s always awesome when Orem wades into the action with his blade.

7. Ricco
    June 15, 2010 at 12:56 pm — Reply

Quick question:

When Torq was immobilized, he used his standard to summon the dog, his minor to bull-rush the Foosh (great move by the way). My question is, could Torq have cashed in his move action for a minor and have the dog attack, or does the fact he was immobilized prevent him from doing that?

• Rodrigo
      June 15, 2010 at 1:14 pm — Reply

It doesn’t preclude him from doing that, however, altough we did not know this at the time, we have since discovered that the Figurines of Wondrous Power usually can only attack once. Something we’ll address in an episode far, far down the line.

• Ricco
        June 15, 2010 at 3:52 pm — Reply

Thanks for the answer.

I checked the net for Onyx Dog:
        “… conjured creature cannot exceed its normal allotment of actions (a standard, a move, and a minor action) during its turn.” That sucks! Torq is not gonna like this.

On the plus side:
        “… It has no healing surges and cannot be healed, though it can still benefit from temporary hit points.” Now, who do we know that could give 20 tranferable temporary hit points to the dog and basicaly make him a 5th party member, hum…

8. Eidolon
    June 15, 2010 at 2:22 pm — Reply

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again…Torq is DESTINED to multiclass into Cleric. Surrender to ‘s Will!

• Eathu
      June 17, 2010 at 8:44 am — Reply

Get Initiate of the Faith it makes Rodrigo’s TPK that much harder so now the Nat 20 machine can heal its self.

9. Eidolon
    June 15, 2010 at 2:23 pm — Reply

Sigh. Stupid HTML parsing.

Surrender to {Insert Deity Here}’s Will!

10. Axiomatic Badger
    June 16, 2010 at 6:39 am — Reply

Number one sign you need an extended rest?
    “I’m going to eat some of this gooseberry tea.”

11. Palad-One
    June 19, 2010 at 7:26 am — Reply

Hi guys, on episode 53 Q&A session you evoke the ‘Coup de Grace’ session.

As the resident Frenchie there, I’d be awfully grateful if you could stop my ears from bleeding and pronounce it like you would say ‘coup de grass’.

What you are saying sounds like ‘Coup de Gras’ which basically translates to ‘Hitting something with lard’ – although now I realize would fit Matthew’s character style spot on.

Cheers and thanks for the good works,

Palad1

• jocago
      February 10, 2012 at 10:37 am — Reply

Nice name. It helps to know you are French.

12. JamesG1003
    June 30, 2010 at 10:48 am — Reply

HeyAstounding. Discovered this 3 weeks ago before my HP seized up and just downloading it all again.. this is the best thing I listen to, I laugh more than I ever do at Ricky G or whatever. This is frighteningly like D and D , though I haven’t played in 20 years really, and in a different continent-

From my exams can I suggest a set of 5 by 3 cards. On them should be written ” You may have a magic item you want to use.” “Isn’t there a dog around here somewhere..
    ” Don’t I have a power to re-roll some dice” “A 20 is just as likely as any other number on the die” You will then lose them and never find any use for them, but finding them again 20 years later, you will hang your head…