If this really is a teaser trailer for a new upcoming Mortal Kombat movie, then sign me the hell up right now!

Check out the stars making appearances – Michael Jai White, Jerri Ryan? My guess this is something for E3 and the upcoming MK game that features a really hard Mature rating. But if this is a movie tease, then once again – SIGN ME THE HELL UP!

Marvel Sneak Peek: Hit Monkey #1

RUMOR: Are you looking at the new Lara Croft?

1. matthew
    June 8, 2010 at 3:40 pm — Reply

this is a great teaser. dont even know what its selling yet but i know i want it.

2. Red Star
    June 8, 2010 at 3:53 pm — Reply

I’m in

3. litanyofthieves
    June 8, 2010 at 3:58 pm — Reply

I thought it had to be a hoax until I saw Jeri Ryan! Still, the cut of Sub-Zero’s face is definitely from the video game, so it’s up in the air. I’d see it, for all the cheesy glory.

4. Ricco
    June 8, 2010 at 4:06 pm — Reply

I’de see it, heck if it’s on PS3 I’de likely buy one just to hear those 2 beautiful words again: “Finish him!”

5. Rodrigo
    June 8, 2010 at 4:07 pm — Reply

kneejerk prediction: This will stink

6. Jinx33
    June 8, 2010 at 5:35 pm — Reply

All in for me. Don’t care what it is … I just want it!!!

7. Jake
    June 8, 2010 at 6:26 pm — Reply

I’m confused, yet amazingly interested. If only to see what they’re going to do different.

8. ~wyntermute~
    June 8, 2010 at 7:47 pm — Reply

I have a tiny complaint: Johnny Cage dies without doing the splits-punch to anybody!!! :( J-Cage was, on occasion, my favorite part of the “originals”. Despite that, this looks pretty OMAIGAWD^.^!

9. Brian Duff
    June 8, 2010 at 8:27 pm — Reply

If this is a reboot of the Mortal Kombat movie, then I’ll for it. Hell, this is a pretty good teaser despite it looking like a high quality proof-of-concept trailer.

I’m just loving that the made it less game-movie and put more gore back in, as if they finally learned something from the SAW franchise…

10. hercules in ny
    June 8, 2010 at 10:11 pm — Reply

Confused by the [hddv] film grade and production values. The whole thing comes off as more of a cutscene in a game than a feature film. Possibly a TV series? I know the hype is for a motion picture to relaunch the franchise but the whole thing played more like an episode of CSI: Miami.

11. slimeknight
    June 8, 2010 at 10:32 pm — Reply

if this is a new movie I am there

12. Crash
    June 9, 2010 at 1:06 am — Reply

I’m down no matter what it is game, movie, or series.

13. Brian G.
    June 9, 2010 at 7:53 am — Reply

I can see the underlying crap that this movie will surely be. The fighting is good but trying to shoe horn characters into the movie the way they’re doing isn’t winning it any favor points for me. I’ll stick to the first movie but probably see this anyway.

14. thelastavenger
    June 10, 2010 at 12:15 am — Reply

I like the trailer but i am annoyed at the lack of supernatural elements and cage dying so soon. Hopefully its a trick and he’ll show up in the tournment.

15. thelastavenger
    June 10, 2010 at 12:22 am — Reply

Jeri Ryan revealed on twitter that it is part of a pitch by Kevin Tancharoen for a reboot of the Mk movie franchise