Today, June 7, 2010, marks the 25th anniversary of The Goonies, the Richard Donner kid adventure that had many of us doing the Truffle Shuffle and screaming “Booty-Traps! That’s what I said!” for years.  Those that read the novelization of the movie remember an octopus scene, but it was something that never made it into the movie.  Now, thanks to the Intardwebz, you can see that deleted scene for yourself.

What was your favorite part of The Goonies movie?

Image Comics Sneak Peek of the Week

Bluewater releases Lady Gaga and Robert Pattinshon books this week

1. Creep
    June 7, 2010 at 11:32 am — Reply

Actually not only the people whp’ve read the novelization of the movie know about the octopus..it is mentioned in the end of the movie; some of the guys says something about an Octopus to one of the journalists :-)

2. Brian G.
    June 7, 2010 at 12:55 pm — Reply

Data says about the octopus to one of the reporters.

I don’t know where I’ve seen this scene before but I’ve never pulled it up on the computer. Either the dvd I have included the scene or they aired it on TV some Sunday afternoon with the edited material put in.

3. cityangel23
    June 7, 2010 at 4:06 pm — Reply

They also showed a clip of the octopus during the theatrical previews of the movie! But then it was never in the movie itself.

4. the_isolator
    June 7, 2010 at 4:44 pm — Reply

This scene is on the DVD in deleted scenes, my version at least.

I’m glad it was cut to be honest, although I like how Data mentions that they fought an octupus in the regular version of the film, though we never got to see it. He always struck me as he kind of guy who would embelish an already strange and fantastic story. The fact that the scene did actually take place kind of ruins this piece of great dialogue. Whatever, still all time favourite kids film of the 80’s.

‘This is our time, down here’ – there I go, you got me all worked up, now I’m going to have to watch it again…

5. Rowan
    June 7, 2010 at 5:28 pm — Reply

This scene used to air on the TV version on CITY TV in Canada, It’s the only way I’ve watched it till I had saw the DVD and I was all WHERE IS THE OCTOPUS ! Because that was always my favorite scene.

6. Mike
    June 7, 2010 at 11:56 pm — Reply

I’ve only seen the deleted octopus scene when the movie’s played on the Disney channel. Every other station I’ve ever seen it on plays the cut version.

7. Callum
    June 10, 2010 at 4:44 am — Reply

Fav Scene – Bottom of the well, Mouth says “I’m taking them (coins) back, I’m taking them all back”.

2nd Fav Scene – “I didn’t know Brandon wore braces…….”

3rd Fav Scene – “I’m goin’ to the MEN’s room.”

This is easily one of my favourite movies of all time!!

Thanks for the vid guys!!

-C!