In a time when the planet is going through one of the worst man made ecological disasters of all time, Greenpeace is really sticking it to Big Petroleum by having a contest for graphic designers where they can show their hatred for BP.

Aquaman isn’t the only one to succumb to the company who wouldn’t know their asshole from a hole in the ocean spewing millions of gallons of raw crude into the ecosystem, another beloved character is dead as well.

Not SpongeBob!  This is an outrage!

via Greenpeace

Photo Gallery: Toy Story 3

On the next Major Spoilers Podcast: Box 13

1. Scott
    June 7, 2010 at 11:23 pm — Reply

They killed SpongeBob?!

Don’t make me start loving you, BP.

2. Lloyd Hayes
    June 8, 2010 at 4:34 am — Reply

Well, we lost Aquaman which hurts however by the grace of God BP did in Sponge Bob. If I knew thats all it took I would have asked BP to do this years ago!

3. Brian Duff
    June 8, 2010 at 6:16 am — Reply

The Spongebob pic was made by Mike Mitchell. (http://sirmikeofmitchell.com/index.php?/work/art/) He’s also the one that did the “I’m With Coco” painting that’s rocked everything Conan since his breakup with BP.

But I have to say, it’s my favorite parody I’ve seen. Good thing no ones brought up Captain Planet…. crap, now I’ve done it… :P

4. Astro Dinosaurus
    June 8, 2010 at 9:50 am — Reply

Wait a second…A black source of energy coming seemingly out of nowhere, bringing death with it and killing a character that was just resurrected in Brightest day…

The British have a Black-Lantern Ring!!!

5. Bob
    June 8, 2010 at 1:53 pm — Reply

This is so awesome it is now my facebook photo.

6. June 9, 2010 at 12:25 pm — Reply

Who died in pollution under the Sea…Sponge Bob Square Pants
    Square and stiff and now dead is he….Sponge Bob Square Pants
    If eco nonsense is something you miss…..Sponge Bob Square Pants
    Don’t worry BP will kill them all quick….Sponge Bob Square Pants

Lyrics re-du by A. Rich

7. Eli
    June 22, 2010 at 9:34 pm — Reply

Killed another beloved character? I see spongebob but where is the other beloved character