Review: Red Robin #13

DC announces landmark year ahead, and unveils Green Lantern movie poster, too

1. matt
    June 5, 2010 at 11:18 pm — Reply

I guarantee I wont be the first to say this but…looks photoshopped…

• June 6, 2010 at 12:13 am — Reply

I guarantee I wont be the first to say this but…looks photoshopped…

It’s a MOVIE POSTER. Of COURSE, it’s photoshopped! :)

• Astro Dinosaurus
        June 6, 2010 at 12:28 am — Reply

I think he is suggesting its a fake. But JoBlo has a pretty good track record so I doubt that. Besides the tagline is waaay to cheesy to be fake…

• Rick
        June 6, 2010 at 12:55 pm — Reply

joblo got rid of the source article = ITS FAKE!

2. June 6, 2010 at 7:35 am — Reply

Well, if it’s real, Joss Whedon wrote the screenplay? That alone gives me a reason to watch it. Hope the 1940s Human Torch isn’t in it, or things may get awkward.

3. Dboy Mugg
    June 6, 2010 at 9:20 am — Reply

Aesthetically speaking I think its pretty damn cool. That poster makes me think of the movie I WANT to see (a darker C.A.)…I just hope they deliver. This film has the potential to be OUTSTANDING, but I still have my reservations.

4. Jim
    June 6, 2010 at 12:25 pm — Reply

I don’t get this image. Is that supposed to be a cobblestone street? It doesn’t really looks like one. It looks like a brick wall, so why is the shield defying gravity and floating against a brick wall?

5. Joshua
    June 6, 2010 at 12:45 pm — Reply

It’s already proved to be a fake. JoBlo even pulled down the article today.

6. Damascus
    June 6, 2010 at 2:18 pm — Reply

Even if it’s fake, I don’t think it’s supposed to be a screenshot or anything. They just put up his iconic shield and made it look cool. No more or less. Not defying gravity or anything like that.

7. Astro Dinosaurus
    June 6, 2010 at 5:33 pm — Reply

10 internets for Matt.

8. matt
    June 6, 2010 at 10:31 pm — Reply

I should have elaborated more on what I said. When I said it looks photoshopped, I meant it looked very fake and fan made. I’m a high school art teacher and that looks like something my students could do in Photoshop. I understand all movie posters are photoshopped but something can still look overly photoshopped. One big red flag is that the movie poster credits the editor and composer (a composer and editor are both NOT SIGNED ONTO THE MOVIE YET) and to make it even more fake, the composer and editor listed are the same two from Thor. BTW I didn’t catch this some other eagle eyed comic geek did, since this was caught Joe Blo removed the article from their database, go look for yourselves. FAKE!!!

9. June 7, 2010 at 12:08 am — Reply

Well, there’s a reason Steve tagged it as “rumor…”

10. Damascus
    June 7, 2010 at 3:26 am — Reply

I’ll just add… Blarney Cock!

11. Bob
    June 7, 2010 at 1:28 pm — Reply

The First Avenger thing definately makes it fake. Thor was around way before Captain America.

12. June 7, 2010 at 2:58 pm — Reply

Bob, you are correct about Thor; but “The First Avenger,” is actually attached onto the movie title.

13. Damascus
    June 8, 2010 at 9:18 am — Reply

Not as an Avenger, but Captain America did premiere in March of 1941 and Thor in April I believe of 1962. But yeah, Cap was thawed and joined the Avengers in issue #4. But like Samson said, the upcoming Captain America movie is titled Captain America: The First Avenger.

14. Bob
    June 8, 2010 at 1:58 pm — Reply

Thor was around in history during the Norse times though. I really want this movie to be good, as even though I am a DCer, the Captain is one of the few Marvels I pick up from time to time…..but I am having this pit in my stomach that think its going to bomb. I really hope I am wrong, but I think this is going to be drunken Tony dancing with dancing Spiderman…..dancing Marvel heroes is the new cod piece.

• Damascus
      June 9, 2010 at 8:50 am — Reply

I didn’t like the dancing either, but I kinda understood it some from Spider-man. He’s kind of a dork, and even though he felt all cool, he’s still a dork. No excuse for Tony.