Red Robin #13 arrives in stores this week (June 3, 2010), and DC Comics has released a sneak peek of the issue that features Fabian Nicieza joining the Red Robin team.

Red Robin #13
Art and cover by MARCUS TO & RAY MCCARTHY

Fabian Nicieza joins RED ROBIN as the new regular writer! A surge of organized mobs spreads across Gotham City like a virus! Who are The Socials and what is their mysterious agenda in moving young people across the city in self-organizing crowds? Is it mind-control or simply youth boredom? What starts as fun and games becomes deadly serious and leads to an unexpected confrontation between Red Robin and Robin!

via The Source

Batman: Brave and the Bold video game trailer arrives

Now you can play with Megan Fox

1. Astro Dinosaurus
    June 2, 2010 at 3:27 pm — Reply

They set Tim up as the one to bring back Bruce and now he’s not even helping. But yay even more uninspired original supercrooks (The socials?). Because the last story-arc didn’t have enough bug-men on steroids. At least Bats and Robin seem to make an appearance.

• June 2, 2010 at 6:42 pm — Reply

…and at least someone is drawing Tim as Red Robin in a way that doesn’t make him look like he’s in his 30’s.

2. Obsidian
    June 2, 2010 at 6:47 pm — Reply

I do feel like he was slighted as well. I kind of hoped that he’d be leading the charge but as always, it comes down to Superman to get it done.

3. Astro Dinosaurus
    June 2, 2010 at 6:54 pm — Reply

I might have been a bit presumptuous. Reading it again the “socials” sound interesting and not uninspired…I’m just ticked off Red Robin isn’t included in GM’s master plan. Either that or pissed off some other writers implied he was going to be.

4. Rob
    June 3, 2010 at 1:34 pm — Reply

Can it be said enough: Red Robin…Yummmmmmm!

5. Damascus
    June 4, 2010 at 4:19 am — Reply

Is Red Robin worth a read? I’ve not picked up any issues and just wondered if the read was worth it or if there’s a better Batman book to try.

• Astro Dinosaurus
      June 4, 2010 at 4:39 am — Reply

I wrote a long complicated comment…Then I deleted it, it was confusing.
      I don’t know your preferences, what you are reading or what you know..So this is the best I can do…Hope It helps.

Want to dive in and read about Bruce Wayne AKA The Batman?
      -Batman and Robin and Batman: Return Of Bruce Wayne.
      High-Fantastic quality but confusing for newcomers.

Want to read something more newcomer friendly but still Bat-related.
      -Red Robin, Batgirl or Birds Of Prey
      Good-great quality and an easy jumping on points.

Want to read about Batman but not dive into the craziness yet?
      -Batman or Batman/Superman …Acceptable-good quality If you are uninterested in over-arching continuity and just want some straight up Batventure.

As the wise men say: Your mileage may vary….But I suggest Option (b). It has less actual Batman but I think you will enjoy it more. And its the best place to start, if you are just “starting”.

• Damascus
        June 6, 2010 at 5:16 am — Reply

It’s not so much that I’m really just starting out on Batman, I’ve been reading the major events and I’ve been reading the Outsiders steady for a while now, even though he’s been absent for quite a while. I just haven’t really picked up any Batman or Superman titles in quite some time. I like the characters, but I tend to shy away from them for some reason. I like the peripheral characters right now, like your Blue Beetles, Booster Gold, and I’ve also previously been devoting half of my comic buying to Avenger titles. I don’t think I’ve bought a Wonder Woman comic since the early ’90s and it was an old quarter bin issue. Birds of Prey might be good for me, it’s Bat-related but not all about Batman. I like ensemble casts, especially when I don’t feel like I know a ton about all of them. Thanks for the ideas. If anyone else just has any books out now that are running some really good storylines, I’d like to know. I don’t mind if I have to wiki some info to fill in blanks, I just want well plotted storys with good art.

6. Astro Dinosaurus
    June 4, 2010 at 4:44 am — Reply

Detective Comics is in a transition of sorts, so I can’t say that much about it.
    (I have likely omitted more possibilities with all the “Bat-books” out there its hard to keep track…Streets Of Gotham, Outsiders, First Wave.)