Image Comics Sneak Peek of the Week

On the next Major Spoilers Podcast: Head Games

1. Astrodinosaurus
    May 31, 2010 at 1:10 pm — Reply

Why this movie looks like FUN! And watching Michael Cera fight Superman and Captain America is more akin to a fever dream than any movie I have ever seen. So even if it only good and not great…Its going to be an “experience”. Its also cool to see what Wright is able to do without Pegg and Frost.

2. CriticalAwesome
    May 31, 2010 at 1:44 pm — Reply

I CANNOT WAIT! its just, and finnnnaly showing wallace wells

3. Brian Duff
    May 31, 2010 at 1:48 pm — Reply

This movie looks like it’ll reach that rare mix of people that either want to see a date movie or a comic book movie. Not to mention the 1960’s Batman throwback with the “POW” and “BAM” visuals. Making them cool again. It’s definitely going to be a fun movie.

4. slimeknight
    May 31, 2010 at 4:27 pm — Reply

This movie looks great. I’m curious if I should read the books before I see the movie or not?

5. Larry King
    May 31, 2010 at 5:04 pm — Reply

I don’t know but their is something off about this, I had seen the first trailer, and I was thinking it’d get better, but it didn’t.

I read and have the five volumes, liked Edgar Wright’s work from Spaced, to Hot Fuzz, but I just ain’t feeling the love for Pilgrim.

Maybe it’s a little too much, what works in the comic doesn’t translate to the big screen. Maybe it’s Michael Sera though I liked him in Arrested Development, I don’t know, maybe it will be good.

6. Ricco
    May 31, 2010 at 6:05 pm — Reply

This is either going to be a cult classic or a bomb that will make a tactical nuke look like a firecracker, either way I’ll go see it (the part when he grabs himself a life sold the concept for me).

7. SpiderLover
    June 1, 2010 at 10:04 am — Reply

Micheal Sera plays one role and that just kills it for me. I’ll wait till it comes on dvd, then red box it.

• June 1, 2010 at 9:16 pm — Reply

Honestly, this role has more new traits that Cera is not known to do than anything he’s done before it (when was the last time he played a character that punches people in the face?) You can’t really blame him for wanting to expand his acting repertoire, and this seems like it’s going to just that.

8. Bizbee
    June 1, 2010 at 9:05 pm — Reply

Arrrgh! Why did they put it all the way on the other end of the summer???

9. plato
    June 3, 2010 at 9:21 am — Reply

Wow…this movie looks terrible. The thin plot makes the movie look like it has little to offer; the large amount of CG seems to be there only to make up for what the plot lacks. This does not look to be a good combination (anyone remember Avatar?).

• June 3, 2010 at 9:41 am — Reply

If you haven’t, you should probably read the source material, and all the CG effects will make sense.