Critical Hit: A Major Spoilers D and D podcast

This episode: The party wakes up in a strange place, and meet the Resplendent Tiger. Also the crew takes a moment to give advice to a listener whose parents forbid the game.

[podcast]http://traffic.libsyn.com/majorspoilers/critical_hit_50.mp3[/podcast]

Direct Download

RSS Feed

Contact us at podcast@majorspoilers.com

Review: Secret Avengers #1

Major Spoilers Podcast #205: This Television Show Would Make a GREAT Comic Book!

1. Ricco
    May 29, 2010 at 11:19 am — Reply

hum, this is eppisode 49…

2. May 29, 2010 at 2:35 pm — Reply

fixed

• Ricco
      May 29, 2010 at 3:00 pm — Reply

Woohoo!

3. Bryan
    May 29, 2010 at 3:40 pm — Reply

For a exposition heavy episode, this was a pretty interesting episode. Plus, I always laugh when Torq calls Orem out on telling every stranger they meet their life story… although never catch it when he’s doing it. (Speaking of which, I still say Thony is working a very long long con and has something nefarious up his sleeve… although if he’s Orem’s evil father, I’ll eat my iPhone.)

Can’t wait to see some of the new powers in use… Matthew, don’t forget you have ’em okay? :D

4. Ricco
    May 29, 2010 at 4:51 pm — Reply

Interesting, a man who lives in his own head, sounds familiar… maybe he has something to do with Omens ;-)

Love the exposition heavy eppies as much (if not more) then the battle ones.

5. Torontofrog
    May 30, 2010 at 10:25 am — Reply

Hi guys,

Just want to leave a comment here, along with the 5 stars reviews on Itune. I’m a french speaking DM (or GDDM!)from Toronto, Canada. I finally caught up with the whole podcast and I am sad because now I’ll have to wait for the next installement!

Anyway, keep up the good work and Rodrigo, continue to make me look like a genius when I am DM’ing because of all the stuff I stole from your story!

• Bryan
      May 30, 2010 at 2:39 pm — Reply

Wow…. a Nordiques fan in Toronto? I thought I was the only one. :)
      What did you do when they moved to Denver? I stuck with the franchise, but I’ve heard other fans call that disloyal.

• Ricco
        May 30, 2010 at 5:41 pm — Reply

We fans from Montréal call them “‘stie de traitres!”

• Torontofrog
        May 30, 2010 at 8:40 pm — Reply

I grew up with Nordiques but when they left back in the mid 90’s, I was already following my parents almost everywhere in Canada! So I guess my team now is the Canucks, although I still have nostalgia of the Nordiques era. And I never been able to join Montréal bandwagon!

6. SpiderLover
    May 30, 2010 at 4:17 pm — Reply

I love this podcast and it makes me thankful for the parents that I have. As a kid I had an awesome dad who till this day still watches every DC and Marvel cartoon that comes out.

It’s great to have a nerdy dad!

7. peter
    May 31, 2010 at 2:57 pm — Reply

I was really suprised by the opening discussion. I had heard stories about how people view D&D and roleplaying in some circles. But I always thought they were very exaggerated and even meant as a joke. I never imagined that there are really people who oppose roleplaying or harry potter.

8. Silvester
    June 1, 2010 at 12:25 pm — Reply

I played back in the days of Basic, Expert and 1st edition, so I’ve come back to a COMPLETELY different system.

I’m a new DM just starting a campaiogn with a 1st edition player, 2nd edition player and 3 complete noobs and I really appreciate the advice and explanations you guys are dishing out as part of your casting of pods!!

That opening discussion of the negative image D&D had way back when brought back memories!! My folks confiscated my stuff for over a month and slept with thier bedroom door locked after finding an NPC witch called mommy (an over-bearing mother of a spoiled brat Prince) my friend had written up who had “slow poison” on her equipment list – I almost took a beatin’ for trying to “poison mommy slowly”!!
    I had a super religuious friend that wouldn’t even play Star Frontiers with us!

9. June 3, 2010 at 10:37 pm — Reply

1.92 gigs, 57hours, 42 minutes, and 22 seconds later I’ve caught up. And it only took a week. Listening at work, at home, in the car, and forgoing all the other cast pods I listen to.
    I’m hooked and am impatiently awaiting the next installment. Your in a temple of Omens. Ask For a OMEN jeesh.

And I know these are recorded in advance so I’ not kibitzing the campaign much by saying MAKE MORE healing potions. Jeesh Even Rodrigo has mentioned you guys have enough components to make 70 potions.
    Mat, USE THE DOG.(you keep forgetting to make it attack AND if it’s next to you attacking your foes and you have them marked then you get attacks of opotunity either way. Don’t send it off to fight others unless absolutely a necessity.

Stephen, USE THE POINTY thing. Torq is right on that account. You have a nice sword use it. (noob. hehe Kidding.Also Try Gaurdian Blades. Its not a bad spell when you’re surrounded.)

Rob, Just keep being Smith.

Brian, Every artificer should end up with a prosthetic limb to keep all their stuff in/turn into a weapon. (strong steampunk influence. on my part. Also as Toni and Randis were working on the new arm all I could think of was the montage scene in Army of Darkness where Ash is making his new hand and when all was said and done Randis says “Groovy”

Rodrigo, Thank you for coraling these guys and spinning a wonderful story arc. I have so many theories on where this is leading that I wont even bother writing them down. Just saying I see what your doing there and will leave it at that.

• June 5, 2010 at 5:10 pm — Reply

I did not mean to sound as snarky as my last comment sounded. Sorry bout that.

10. Nick
    June 9, 2010 at 7:24 pm — Reply

One additional point to you ‘Dan Savages’ of Major Spoilers. In this case, you all failed to consider the potential fact that the kid might be supported by his parents when he goes to college.

In a similar column, Dan Savage advised a gay child not to come out to his parents until after he finished school, thereby avoiding ‘unnecessary’ debt, at least as I recall.

You might consider whether this potential ‘cost’ is at all of consideration in giving this advice!

• June 9, 2010 at 9:58 pm — Reply