When Warner Home Video announced they had nixed another direct-to-DVD Green Lantern movie, the company cited low sales that equated to low interest among viewers. What they didn’t tell anyone at the time was that fans will be able to get their animated Green Lantern fix on the Cartoon Network next year after the Green Lantern movie hits theaters.  We don’t know anything else about Green Lantern: The Animated Series, but if “The Animated Series” tag is an indication, we might just see another in-continuity DC animated series.

Can I get a Woot?

via THR

Star Wars: The Clone Wars collection arrives in October

Michael Bay to produce TMNT live-action movie

1. Darrin
    May 28, 2010 at 9:10 am — Reply

I darn well better see Hal Jordan and Guy Gardner.

2. Brian G.
    May 28, 2010 at 9:20 am — Reply

I hope it’s a good show. At this point it could be hit or miss with me.

3. MaximusRift
    May 28, 2010 at 10:17 am — Reply

I’ll wait to pass judgment when it gets here. For now, this is good news. I hope that we get The Flash and Wonder Woman too. Maybe if all that is succcesful, we get the JLU back.

4. Jeff
    May 28, 2010 at 11:44 am — Reply

I don’t think there were enough people out there who were as excited to see Wonder Woman trade in the Whataburger logo on her bustier for a stylized eagle as I was, but when it’s sitting like that all on its own, you have to admit it looks pretty ridiculous, right?

I mean, seriously – I see Batman, Superman, Green Lanter, and Western hamburger franchise… :-p

5. May 28, 2010 at 12:03 pm — Reply

I’m withholding judgment for now (if there’s no G’nort or Mogo, this show is DEAD to me), but I just wanna say something about you guys. When I saw this announced on an animation news site, my first thought was, “Neat! Major Spoilers called it!”, since on a podcast a few weeks ago you said that there might be a GL series to tie with the movie. Good call, guys!

• May 28, 2010 at 12:31 pm — Reply

We say a lot of things the industry then seems to pick up on… ;)

• May 29, 2010 at 3:45 pm — Reply

Don’t joke – it looks like they’re listening to your suggestions to advertise on TV, after how many years now?

July 23, 2010 at 2:45 pm — Reply